Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Excuses only

We are all humans, we are born with a basic instinct with respond to the changes around us.

We escape in danger.
We hide in fear.
We run in time.
We dodge in attack.
We cry in pain.

This applies to all living things in the world.

 
 
 
 
Look...
 
The beautiful morning glory has weak stems that crawl up the twine to receive sunlight. The earth revolving around the sun bringing warmth after the darkness. Deers running wild to escape when spotted by predators. These are animals instincts.

We have human instincts too.

 
 
 
 
When something happens, we curl ourselves into our comfort zone to protect ourselves from being harm. We go into hiding and escape from reality as much as we wanted to without realisation of incurring a greater pain. The longer we dragged, the greater the pain inflicted.

We create our personal armour to defend, called EXCUSES.
 
 
 
 
EXCUSES ARE LIES!!!
 
 
 
 
Photobucket

Eventually, we successfully blind ourselves and fail to see the reality. We lied to ourselves by saying...

It's IMPOSSIBLE
 
 
 
 
 
 
But the fact is, IF THERE'S WILL, THERE'S WAY.
 
 
 
 
 

In life, we have either excuses or we have results. Let me show you some life examples...
 
 
 
 
Roger Crawford was born with one left leg and two arms, but no hands. What does he do?
He's a professional tennis player. That is, he earned professional status and he makes his living playing and coaching tennis.
 
 
 
 
Digital Dan, of Ferndale, California was a carpenter. He had throat cancer and his voice box had been removed. He became a disc jockey when he learnt that he could no longer speak. He types his words into a laptop computer, and the laptop does the talking.
 
How often do we say, "I'm too old, too tired, too lazy, too busy, it's too hard!"
 
How hard can it be when someone like Dan could kilometres ahead of and still surviving tough and strong? He converts his excuses into strengths.
 
 
 

In 1996, an Amaerical cyclist Lance Armstrong contracted testicular cancer. When it spread to his abdomen, lungs and brain, doctors gave him a forty percent chance of survival. But Armstrong did more than survive. He got back on his bike and won the world toughest road race - the Tour de France - six consecutive times, from 1999 to 2004.
 
Lance has a habit of proving that old saying: "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
 
 
 
 
There's even a song that sings...


 
As song by Kelly Clarkson - What Doesn't Kill You
 
You know the bed feels warmer
Sleeping here alone
You know I dream in color
And do the things I want

You think you got the best of me
Think you've had the last laugh
Bet you think that everything good is gone
Think you left me broken down
Think that I'd come running back
Baby, you don't know me, 'cause you're dead wrong

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter
Doesn't mean I'm over 'cause you're gone

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, myself, and I
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone

You heard that I was starting over with someone new
They told you I was moving on, over you
You didn't think that I'd come back
I'd come back swinging
You tried to break me, but you see

Thanks to you I got a new thing started
Thanks to you I'm not the broken-hearted
Thanks to you I'm finally thinking 'bout me
You know in the end the day you left is just my beginning
In the end

I'm not alone

Photobucket
 
 
 
 
People like Roger, Fan and Lance are WINNERS. Their determinations make us distinguish the differences between a WINNER and a LOSER.
 
So what are you?
 
A Winner or a Loser...
 
 
 
 
Photobucket

 
 
Take any goal you want to achieve such as a university degree, an apartment of your own, a happy marriage, a flat stomach and you will find a hundred reasons why it is inconvenient or impossible. But all you need is ONE really good reason why you want something!
Then go get it!
When you want something enough, you find a way. Nothing worthwhile comes without struggle. There's always a story behind the story.
 
Photobucket
 
TRY AND FAIL, BUT NOT FAIL TO TRY

 
Don't complain if you didn't even want to give it a try or put effort into it.
 
We always think of the PAIN. We try and tried hard to avoid pain. We deny our fear, but the truth is, we are afraid. Everytime when recollections hit us, we started to think "It's PAINFUL, it HURTS!"
 
 
 
 
So...
 
Every song ends.
Is that a reason not to enjoy the music?
 
 
 
 
 
Let's say...
 
You are sitting in Mathematics class gazing out of the window when the teacher asks you, "What's the answer?"
 
"What's the answer?" You don't even know the question! You are speechless. Your face turns red. Panic and tears. At that moment you tell yourself , "I hate mathematics!"
 
Thats your mother asks: "How was school?"
You say: "I couldn't answer the maths question."
And mother says: "Relax - no one in our family can do mathematics!"
 
Suddenly you breathe a huge sigh of relief, "Of course I hate multiplication! It's in my genes!"
 
Soon you are telling your friends, "I hate mathematics. My entire family is bad with numbers!" You figure, "Why make an effort? I'll never conquer it!"
 
But what really happened here?
 
You got a bad start and fell behind.
 
This story may not happen to you. But most of us have our own story to tell. About singing, hitting a ball, drawing a picture, making a speech or even related to RELATIONSHIPS, FRIENDSHIPS AND FAMILY.
 
We got a bad start and fell behind. No one came along to encourage us. After one embarassing experience, we gradually convinced ourselves, "I can't do it!"
 
We give ourselves a second chance, and get some help, very often WE CAN DO IT!
 
(Adapted from Happiness Now by Andrew Matthews)
 
Photobucket
A song called "Try" by P!nk.

Where there is desire, there is gonna be a flame.
Where there is a flame, someone’s bound to get burned.
But just because it burns, doesn’t mean you’re gonna die.
You’ve gotta get up and try, try, try.
 
You got hurt. That doesn't mean you stop trying.
 
Before you act, listen.
Before you react, think.
Before you spend, earn.
Before you criticize, wait.
Before you pray, forgive.
BEFORE YOU QUIT, TRY.
Photobucket
 
Winner never quits, and quitters never win.
 
When all seems lost, and you feel you can’t continue, don’t quit. There is a reward waiting just on the other side of the hill you are climbing. No matter how steep, you can make it.
 
There's always gonna be another mountain.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Success is not about "the facts". It's about your attitude.
 
 
Everyone deserves a second chance.
 
So, stop giving EXCUSES starting from today.
 
 
 
Because...
 
You will pick yourself up from where you fell. You fell hard, you learned hard.
 
 
With loves,
Pzy

No comments: