Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 6 in Korea, Seoul (Part 2)


5th December 2010

We are heading to Rodeo Street. Well, it's a street famous for the best fashion style apparel and accessories. If you look through the street and shops carefully, you might be able to find authentic branded bags and apparels at a discount rate as high as 70%. You got to walk straight for 15 minutes once you exit from the Subway Stn. It's a really long walk and don't forget to enquire the local when you sensed something wrong with the direction you are heading for. It's impossible to see Rodeo Street from the Subway Stn.

Anyway, we ain't some smartass who never got lost. We did, and we really did.

Upon exiting the Subway Stn, we enquired an uncle about getting to Rodeo Street. He gave us the right tip to go straight, but he failed to remind us when to turn. I walked 3km or longer because of that uncle. Oh my goodness, I just can't stop myself cursing him mofos deep down in my heart. Oops, did I just speak vulgarities. Oh no...

Yeah, we got lost. We went all the way straight and ended up at Cheongdam-dong Street. I called it a street with luxury brands. It's unlike our so-called "town". It's a street as long as 3km ( or even longer than what we thought). It has all kind of shops. Escada, CK, Gucci, YSL, you named it you have it. Definitely, it's not the right place for me, as imma church mouse.

I'm glad that we met some tourists and enquired them about Rodeo Street. I'm so happy that they could speak english and told us to look out for DFS. So guys, if you are going to Rodeo Street, lookout for DFS because Rodeo Street is just somewhere near DFS.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love their Christmas's decoration. It's so much more enchantic.

Photobucket
We finally headed back to Rodeo Street. Haha, the right destination for us.

Photobucket

Photobucket
It's my first time having Albino Curry. We select the lowest level of spiciness. It's sound so un-cool of us.. It gave us a warm feeling of curry on a winter night just to heat up our body.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The curry is damn nice. Bf finished all the sauce with rice. As for me, I'm someone who can't take very spicy food. In the end, he finished my share as well. The rice goes well with the curry and I really love the pork cutlet. Just imagine, after 20 minutes, the cutlet was still crispy. *Sound of crisp*






- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -






As usual, we would shop around Rodeo Street after a scrumptious meal. You can even find Accessorize @ Rodeo Street. I wouldn't say it's cheaper, but definitely cheaper than what you can find in SG. They got a greater varieties and the store seems neater than ever.

I took very little pictures at Rodeo Street. Well, that's because the weather was cold and I just enjoyed tucking my hands into bf's or my pocket. Else, they might just freeze and fall off anytime, any moment, anywhere. By the way, it's less than 5 degree celsius. *Water vapour evolves*






- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -






We trained down to Ehwa Women University Area. Oh ya, we are not heading to any university. Ehwa University Area was pretty known as a ladies street. It's famous for girls' stuff from facial, to apparels, accessories and footwear. It's pretty cool. The entire street was fully packed with shops and eateries. Well, the price ain't cheap.

It's easy to navigate around there because I remembered there is a Stn called Ehwa's Women University. All you have to do, is to alight at that stop. As easy as ABC.





Photobucket

Photobucket

You can never resist to the temptations all around you. Shops that look pretty rundown might boost your interest upon stepping in. I got many beautiful ribbon clips from shops. They are really cheap. As cheap as 2bucks and they look better than the ones you could buy from Diva. Therefore you got to open your eyes really big and wide and keep a lookout if you love buying clips and acccessorise. I'm not a very necklace person. Well, I used to be. Ever since I got into poly, it stop becoming part of my trend. A big thanks to my lovely korea trip, it just brings up my little passion for necklace once again. It's such a miracle.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Oh no, I've forgotten the name for this hotdog bun. Hey hey, you got to try it. It's really famous. It's the one and only selling hotdog buns there. The hotdog was big and they just grilled it on the spot. It's the best for cold days. You can get yourself a free cup of coke, self service though. Oh by the way, it's a little spicy but tasty.

It's totally palm size bigger.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Home sweet home after shopping around Ehwa's Women University's Area.

I'm feeling a little hungry and bf cook noodles plus luncheon meat for me. That's totally what's great about Ujiro, you can cook whenever you are hungry. Simply love that cosy little place.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Oh ya, I got this (above pic) while shopping at Rodeo Street. It's called Cinnamon sticks if I'm not wrong. Well, it's not going to taste like the one we usually use for cooking curry. It's sweet and crispy. I regretted for not buying more, else I can enjoy while watching tv in my apartment.

Time for me to head for bed. Good night everyone.

Have a nice day.

Cheers,
Jeanne

No comments: