Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Gingerly getaway (Part 1)

15th April 2011

Sunlight poured into my room chasing away the shadows as I dragged my lazy body out of my bed. It's really sickening to go to work despite my plan to Universal Studio. Seriously, I'm not really into Universal Studio no matter how ppl went hauling about it. To me, it's just a tiny little place with horrible looking characters. Maybe it's just me who's being negative. If you had travelled, you definitely know how big and spacious other theme parks are. Anyway, it claimed to be the Asia Biggest USS (forgotten where I read it from). Definitely, it is, no doubt about it. It's the only USS in SG. Not surprising after all.

Poor me, went to work as usual. Bf picked me up from work and we had our meal at a nearby coffee shop. Y'know, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late. I seriously had no time to spare.


Photobucket


Here we go.

If you are driving in, it's definitely costly for you to park your vehicles at Resort World. It might cost you about 7 to 10 bucks per hour. Hence, I had a special remedy to it. Not really a special remedy, I'm just kidding. I had a way to resolve this critical crisis.

I'm sure everyone been to Sentosa. I bet you know where the hell is Imbiah Lookout. Well, there's an Imbiah Carpark. You can just park you vehicle there and take a shuttle bus to USS. It gonna save you a great cost. There's a minimum charge to it. It definitely cost you less than 10 bucks from afternoon till dark. Well, that's the pricing for weekday. I'm not really that sure about weekend. You can check it out on your own. Anyway, I bet you rather pay 10 to 20 bucks than 100 over bucks at Resort World. Unless, you are really rich, then I shall be speechless about it. I'm kind of mouse (poor), therefore I understand the feeling exactly.

Photobucket




Photobucket

On our way to Universal Studio, we saw cute little girls taking photos. It's definitely normal to take pictures wherever you go, swirling along and so on. It's pretty frightening for their case. They were taking photos with dangerous untame animal.

What animal?

SNAKE

- Hiss -

Ooh, that's pretty scary. The snake catcher (whatever you called that) pulled the girls away and attempt to catch the snake. It's damn irritating when the snake went coiling round and round. Everyone stood there and watched it like a dolphin show. Alright, I gonna get out of that place.

Photobucket




Photobucket

Here we are, at Universal Studio entrance.


Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket


It's just Friday and the crowd was horrible. I totally expected the place to be cleared and not being crowded. In fact, I'm really wrong. If you really like to take exciting rides, I suggest that you purchase the express tickets. With that express pass, you can easily ride on every single rides without queueing up. I'm not really that crazy into rides, so it's okay.

Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket


I never felt so fortunate as before. As you know, misfortune enjoys visiting me (befall on me). This time round, we were really lucky right upon entering. We caught a glimpse of this Kungfu Panda, we went to queue up without hesitation. It was about our turn when the staff announced "LAST 3". Amazing, we turned out to be the exact last. I'm so happy even though the Kungfu Panda looked kind of weird. It looked slightly greyish. I had no idea if that's the way it should be or it's dirty. Anyway, it none of my business since I'm not the panda.

During the queue, on the the character that went running about actually fell. It tickled me badly that I just laughed out my lungs. It was so embarassed that it went running into the staff room without turning back.


Photobucket


Beautiful scenery without mentioning further. That's how a theme park should be.

Photobucket

Bottle of cold drinks being sold everywhere. Nevertheless, they aimed to earn big money out of tourist. Crazy long big bottle of coke cost 20 over bucks with free refill though. Even so, it's crazily expensive. You gonna see tourist carrying it over their neck or shoulder everywhere they went/go. It's not really surprising. It's definitely interesting to get one of it, but it's kind of ugly to carry it out of USS.

Adorable kids and girls in foreign countries tend to purchase cute hair bands with cute looking ears. For instance, the pair of shrek ears or probably other character. I realised, it's not a trend in Singapore. You hardly see anyone wearing it. If you did, I'm sure the person must been the centre of attraction.

Photobucket




Photobucket



Photobucket




Photobucket


Happy family!!!

Photobucket




Photobucket


We went for the 4D shrek show strongly recommended by my students. Well, it's exactly the same as the one I watched at Movie World in Australia. Y'know, the usual moving chairs and stuffs tickling underneath your feet. The queue is crazily one. Fortunately, the queue was moving fast else I'll simply died of heatstroke. Yes, I claimed that the queue was moving fast. Indeed, it was. Still, I was stuck in the queue for 40 minutes.


Photobucket

Photobucket




Photobucket

With that limy green 3D specs. Shortsighted bf wore his specs behind the 3D specs. Well, it looks kind of funny in a way.


Photobucket


I'm been searching up and down for a cup with cover so that I can bring it to my workplace or use it at home while I teach. Unfortunately, there isn't any with cover else I definitely comb one of them home. I'm not trying to act cute getting funky or really cute looking stuffs. I understand it's totally not my style. I never ever expect myself to buy paper clips with cartoon pigs and tiger as well. People does change. Unfortunately, I did not change. As usual, I don't like pinky lovely stationeries. They seemed irritating to me me during normal days. But they do brighten up my da at times. For instance, I might be teaching mathematics like a crazy bitch, volcano erupting at any moment or anytime. A simple cute and lovely stuff can calm down my mood and made me less depress.





Why isn't there any cups of Shrek with cup cover?

- Sob -

Photobucket

I love the donkey though it looks stupid. Haha.


Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket


Watching some stupid donkey show that made myself stupid and hilarious.

Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket


I fucking hate queues man. Hate it to the max. It's god damn long. We queued every single rides for almost an hour. I had no idea how miracly it was that we actually managed to withstand the heat. Perspiring like a crazy looking dogs, no image at all.

Photobucket
Alright, I shall end here abruptly. I'll be doing my part 2 as soon as I got the time. Well, hopefully I have.


Have a nice holiday and enjoy yourself.



Cheers,
Pzyy


No comments: