Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Japan, Official Day 8

2nd September 2009



Aha, it's finally my last day in Japan. Erm, not really the exact last day since I'm flying back tomorrow morning. Basically, I had a long trip in Tokyo. People usually stay in Tokyo for about 5days or less. Yet, I stayed here for almost 10 days.



Definitely, I comb most of the interesting areas. Well, we decided to go ropongi since it's reccomended by Elaine.



Before setting off, we actually had meals in a Japanese sushi restaurant. Well, forgotten about pictures. I'm so sorry.



Photobucket





Photobucket

As usual, we had to the the JR lines for transfer. If I'm not wrong, metro will get you there as well.



Photobucket

Such drugstore is commonly found in Japan. They don't really have such drugstore like guardian or NTUC healthcare etc. Their drugstore seems better to me as in their varieties and quality. For example, panadol we search for are consider little varieties and Japan drugstore can have one whole rack for you to choose from.



Photobucket

Their station are usually big. I guess their smallest one is at least 3 times the size of Dolby Ghaut. Just imagine, we still had time to shop and eat in the station. It's rather obvious it's big. Singapore attempt to build shopping at train station which is a real failure.



Look at the Dolby Exchange build in Dolby Ghaut, it's a good sample to display it's failure. They are wasting the money paid by taxpayers. It sounds bad, but it's the truth.



Let me ask you this...



Do you know where is Dolby Exchange?

(Some people might not even know where is it till today)

What's there?

Shops

What kind of shops?

Shops that aren't operating at all.

Majority of the tenants have decided to leave the so called "strategic location". It's so strategic till we never get to walk pass it at all.



Photobucket





Photobucket

Do you love chestnuts?

Try the shop in the above picture above. It's a traditional roasting shop actually.



Photobucket

Ropongi, here we go.

Photobucket





Photobucket

We reached finally. Well, I concluded there's nothing much here. Elaine, you made a wrong reccomendation =) Anyway, there might be some shopping over here. Perhaps I made no efforts in combing this area.

Anyway, do visit the petshop in one of the below pictures with arrow pointing. Their petshop usually amazed me. They don't really have a few breed, but massive breed of dogs and cats. They are usually well groommed and aren't yellowish like out local ones.



Photobucket

The pet shop is somewhere around here.



Photobucket

Anyway, we decided to leave this place for Ueno. Oh ya, I comb that area before previously. Erm, I decided to go back again because we didn't really comb it thoroughly in the previous trip.



Photobucket

This is what we found in the train station. Oh dear, it's my first time seeing such machine which does polishing for your shoe. All you have to do is to drop a coin in and put your shoe in for polishing. Aha, interesting, interesting.



Photobucket

Look at the above picture.



That was something which I had always wanted to take picture of, on my first day in Japan. It's pretty interesting to me. Just imagine, they actually had a selected timing for ladies seating.



I doubt you understand what i'm trying to say. I shall elaborate for you then.



At a certain timing, the seats are only given to ladies. It means that the gentleman will have to give up seats to ladies during such timing. It's damn cool.



Photobucket

It's time to shop again.



Photobucket





Photobucket

Perhaps it's a weekday and the street was rather quiet. Hmm, not quiet actually. I mean quiet when compared to our previous visit.



Photobucket

You can easily find such store in Ameyoko selling belts etc. Do not give it a miss. You can find really beautiful and cheap belts. I guess Yan will like it as they sell beautiful brown belt and I got it for myself in the previous trip.



Furthermore, their leather are very durable. Just by bending, you will be able to see the quality.



Look at below picture.



Haha, it's rather similar to Singapore Turf Club. You can make bettings over there.



Photobucket

My legs are tired again. The market was huge and I seriously can't walk through at one shot without stopping. We decided to stop by a cafe.



Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket

Had some drinks with potato salad and hotdog roll. We shared the hotdog roll since it's footlong size.



Photobucket

Oh ya, remember to try this when you are there. I'm not sure what it's called. Erm... let me think. Oh dear, I just can't remember. Shall I describe?



I believe you guys had bought Takoyaki before and usually they will sell something like pizza. They will add lots of veggies on it and pan fried it. I guess you guys might know what I'm talking by now.



I always saw people queueing crazily for it. It seriously tast bad to me. I only try it once in local and never wanted try it again. In JAPAN, its a must must must for you to try. The aroma of that can really lure you toward it even if it's a mobile foodstall.



Photobucket

The vendor was so famous that he even appear in their local newspaper. Trust me, Try it and you will have no regrets.



I seriously have difficulty taking my eyes off their cakes. Drools ~

Photobucket

Next, we took a short walk at their market.



Photobucket

We left soon after that as I don't really like market smell. Haha.



Photobucket





Photobucket

He wanted toys again. Tsk tsk tsk.



Photobucket

Next, we went to this popular and famoust dessert shop in Ueno. Hoho, this is really drooling. We actually queued up for sometime before we placed our order. The shop aren't big but they are 3 storeys high. We are lucky to get a good and nice seating. Woohoo.

Photobucket

Their signature ingredient shall be red beans. You will like their dessert if you like red beans. Oh, imma red beans lover by the way.



Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket

Above is the red bean with rice balls. Their red beans are big and round. I shall quote an example for you then. If you have tried our local cooked red beans, it's usually small and I never realised that until I saw theirs. It's 2-3times the size of our local ones and it's super sweet.



In Singapore, those we tried are soft. But Japan ones are so big and round that you will enjoy the sense of bite upon chewing. At least, you can still feel the nice bite.



Below is the fruit dessert that Christopher ordered. There are also red beans underneath. You can enjoy your red beans with their ice-cream. Their ice-cream was homemade and doesn't taste like any vanilla ice-cream. It's damn nice till I don't know how to describe anymore.



Oh ya, the fruits look similar to what we had usually. You're wrong to think that way.



Their grapes was damn big and sweet lah. It was crunchy and you can hear crisp. Their banana taste slightly different. It's sweeter and more volume. I never like apricot but it's so nice that i ate it. Drools ~



The best dessert.



Photobucket





Photobucket

Recognize the shop?



It's important to remember it clearly.



Photobucket

They actually had theatre just for the "Ahem" movie worz. Tsk, better stay away from there to avoid weird weird uncles.



Photobucket





Photobucket

It is a must to shop at this shopping mall called ABAB. This is because they got the best deal here. It's totally far east style but the clothings were 100 times nicer than far east. In this shopping mall, shoppings can be much more cheaper.



It's probably 40-60 bucks. Hmmm, still affordable. Try their vest or blazer if you can. Their size are usually too big for me. I'm not sure why. It could be due to the shoulder length. My shoulder are not broad enough for their blazer. Sad to say...



Photobucket

They have super great variety of shoes.





Photobucket

Saw the shopping mall entrance. Please remember it in your mind because it's a good shopping place for great deals.



Photobucket

Anyone love free gifts?



I guess everyone like. Hahaha.



In Japan, the Macdonald will give out drinks at a certain period. Types of drinks given out for free depend on the time. In Harajuku, they give out medium coke, but in Ueno, it's coffee.



They gave out both hot and cold coffee. Their staffs would start shouting out loud, encouraging everyone to get one. I even saw aunties getting more than 1 cup for themselves. We got for ourselves too.





Photobucket





Photobucket

Next, we went to play Pachinko. Oh ho, it's some games where by you have to shoot the bean into the selected entrance. Each time you get combo or bonus, you will win more beans. These beans could be exchange for cash.



Hmm, i never take photo of it since it's prohibited.



Anyway, we lost moo-lah in there. Hahaha, sound sad but it's ok la. Because we had never play such game before. It's really fun to us, quite entertaining.





Photobucket

In below picture, it shows food street. If you wanna find good food and don't mind paying more, try this place. You will like it. It's opposite Ameyoko.



Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket

That's our dinner. Yummy yums ~



Photobucket

I added on to a fried veggies. Now i feel sick of the fried veggies at Sakae Sushi. Sakae simply did it improperly. This fried veggies was really crispy and nice with no green pepper at all. And their prawn was big.



I love the Udon with egg. Oh dear, it's nice and smooth. Their udon aren't rough like our local ones. It's slightly thicker and smoother.



I feel hungry upon blogging too.



Photobucket

It's 11 plus and we set off to the airport.



Christopher, say bye bye to your Yoshinoya.



This fella below really irritate me. At the very last minute, he still place important documents in his luggage.



Photobucket

There was a moment when we sense something wrong regarding the direct last train to the airport. So I actually asked a lady from china. Her husband was a Japanese and I really thought she would help me.



Her attitude sux to core. She said "You don't know how to find yourself arh" in a super nasty manner. Fine fine, I can do it without her help anyway. That fucking bitch ended up looking for her destination too.



Before I went off, I said to her "You deserve to be lost". She appear in shock.



I don't care!!!!! I'm that kind of girl who would do such thing anyway. Duh...



Photobucket

We wanted to go Narita airport actually, but the airport closed at 9pm sharp. We initially thought it might be certain area until someone told us the whole Narita Airport close at 9pm. *faint*



There's nothing we could do except camping at MacD.



Photobucket

Stay tune for the next post to find out more. Bye.

No comments: