Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 9 in Korea, Seoul

8th December 2010

It's already my ninth day in Korea. My trip lasted for 14 days only and I'm about to mark the end of my trip. Till then, I had not seen any snow. No beautiful snowflakes nor snow piling up on streets. Bf was acting like a hibernating bear during winter, protecting himself from cold badly. He was so reluctant to bring me for snow ski.



*Teary eyes*



I had not seen snow in my whole damn life. I planned my trip during December just to catch a glimpse of snow. Poor me, I'm not any rich girl who could travel anytime. I gonna live in regret if I missed this chance.



I'm feeling so awful.



Suddenly, a strong gust of wind blew open my curtain.

It's so chilly all of a sudden.

I was about to close the window when I saw...

-
-
-

When I saw...

When I saw...

SNOW!


Glimpse of hope appeared on my face vividly.



I'm not sure if you could see from the picture, but that'st the view from my apartment.

The snow was falling down from the sky as though they were floating in the air. It melted instantly once it touched my hand. They were beautiful.


Photobucket


Anyway, we had planned to watch JUMP (Click here for more).

It's an interesting comedy show related to Karate. It was really famous in Korea. You guys got to watch it.


We enquired at the conceirge and was given a discount off the total bill.

Don't forget to enquire before purchasing the tickets.

Your hotel/apartment might have awesome deals that await you.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



We had usual brunch at the same old place, so I'll skip that. We had a show to rush for, so we did not really roam around much. We stayed in Myeong Dong area and shopped around like the usual us. Oh, I'm sure you gonna passed by these Custard Puff stall. They can be found almost everywhere near Subway Station. We bought it numerous time during our trip. You gonna love it I guarantee.

It tasted really good when it's served piping hot.

Thick and cream custard gonna melt in your mouth.

YUMMY!

Photobucket
The Custard Puff appeared in News articles too.

Photobucket

Photobucket
To my surprise, they have Beard Papa.

Bf couldn't resist further temptation, so he got a puff for himself.

Photobucket


Photobucket
We were done with shopping. It's time to set off for JUMP show. We took a train like the usual. I can't remember which stop to alight. Don't worry, the location is stated behind the phamphlet. You can easily obtain the phamphlet at your hotel.

Honest speaking, we encounter some difficulty getting to our destination. It was resolved very soon. You got to make your way to IBK, a theatre for performances. Upon exiting from Subway Stn, look out for Burger King. Go straight and you will find your way there.

It's really simple and easy.

Just a 20 minutes walk.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



We could only purchase our tickets at 6pm plus. The ticket booth will be open only 45 minutes before the show start. We went to Coffee Bean while waiting, so that bf can have his toilet break.

Photobucket
Oh my god, look at the queue.

It assured me that it's definitely going to be a GREAT SHOW.

JUMP was a comedy show related with Karate. You might be interested in the moves and kicks of Karate. The performers were mostly comedian, even so, they might be skilled in Karate. You might see an old man who turned into a great fighter at the end.

You gonna be amazed.

CHOP ARR! (Hahaha)

Photobucket

Photobucket
There were 2 types of seating. You gonna pay more for the front seats.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There were 2 types of seatings:

Front seats

Back seats

I mentioned that they were the same. I recommend you to take back seats. It's cheaper and worth the money still. The theatre was rather small, therefore back seats would be good enough. In fact, you can get a perfect view without even straining your neck.


Our tickets

Photobucket

It's time for dinner. We had Zha Jian Mian for dinner. They called it Jajang instead. Well, more or less the same. Korean like to eat it with rice as well, which they called is Jajangbap. Bap means rice in Korean language.


Photobucket


I'm rather petite, therefore carrying a thick coat around can be a hard chore for me. Each time I had my meal, I would take out my coat as most of the restaurant switch on their heater. It was a hassle to wear it back again especially when there's limited space.

My solution???

I would sit down like usual. I would lift my arm out of the thick sleeves and tied my sleeves around my waist. It's 10 times easier to wear it back again. Just tuck your arm in again will do. Oh yea...



Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket


It's absolutely delicious.

Love the dark sauce with thick noodles. It's handmade noodle by the way.

Drools!



Photobucket
While waiting for the show to begin.

Photobucket


The show was AWESOME!

MUST WATCH!!!
MUST WATCH!!!
MUST WATCH!!!
MUST WATCH!!!
MUST WATCH!!!

It's damn amazing. I even had goosebumps at times when they did somersault. It's really an open eye to everything. They ran up the wall with no difficulty and flipped over within seconds.



Photobucket

We can see thick snow along our way back to our apartment. It was really slippery to walk on the ice. I'm really proud of myself for my own doings. It was snowing, a really damn cold night. I was hungry as usual. Without hesitation, I went downstair to grab some food. I was really lazy to change as I had my shower already. I went down in short pant with no legging as protection, normal jacket and a pair of pumps. Basically I'm baring my bare legs in the cold.



What a HERO!!!

*Shivering in cold*



Actually it's tolerable still probably due to my excess oil...


I forgotten to mention about my food. It's sausage coated with FRIES.



Aren't they amazing?

They could stuck thick crispy fries to the sausage.

One stick was totally equilvalent to one meal.

DELICIOUS!



It's time to turn in again. Yawn. Good night people.

Cheers,
Jeanne

No comments: