Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

HongKong 2009 Day 3

Time flies. It's our 3rd day in HK. Awww, so sad as the departure date approached. The weather was getting cooler. My fingers were really numb. I doubt gloves helped. Once you wore a glove, you will had difficulty taking and packing your stuffs; it's rather inconvenient. Tsk Tsk.

We woke up a little late. As you see, Christopher always had problem in the early morning. (I shared with Ah Tard) I can't really mentioned it here, so as to maintain my good image. Anyway, another great problem of his, was to shit. He need to release every single morning. Duh, irritated by it at times.

We decided to go Shenzhen for the day. Oooh, sound interesting isn't it? Stepping into territory of China on our own. It was an interesting experience and I doubt I'll ever stepped in there for my next whole life. Read on to find out more.

Note: You will take 104, approx 4 stops. Stop at an overhead bridge by a polytechnic university. From there, you may take a train to Luo Hu.

Photobucket

The concierge staff was friendly to recommend us a bus to Luo Hu. Otherwise, train might spend a longer time. The street was clear and the bus came every 15 minutes interval.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Here we are, on board of the bus.

Photobucket

I'm glad I can speak basic cantonese. Upon alighting at the bus stop, we couldn't see any train station. We seek help from an auntie, unfortunately, she can't speak and understand chinese. My cannot make it cantonese was in help once again.

Note: Take the escalator up the bridge, and follow the instruction to the train station. The tickets to Luo Hu cost about HKD 35.

The train might not be on the same side as usual. It's somehow similar to Japan one. Kindly take note of the time and platform of the train. One will bring you to Luo Hu, while the other will bring you somewhere else. Make sure you don't take the wrong one, otherwise you will experience difficulty in switching back.

Photobucket

This is the display screen that tells you the time and platform (below).

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

On the train to Luo Hu. I guess I'm slightly worn out right after 2 days of roaming. Just can't smile properly anymore. Basically, I slept on the train. Haha, unglam. Who cares? I doubt anyone knew me there either. Unless they are fans of HWZ (inside joke).

Photobucket

Upon arriving at Luo Hu, you will realised it's almost similar to a custom. Basically, like the ones we cross into Malaysia. Just a little troublesome was that; despite in an out, you got to fill up a health declaration form. Arh, it's so troublesome. Lao niang hate it to core.

The AP me just simply stood aside and refused to fill up. My bf had no choice but to fill it up for me. Wahaha. Poor thing. Otherwise, we just be stranded by the custom till night.

Photobucket

Saw the number of people filling up the forms?
You saw only one stretch, you haven't see the amazing stretch of queue behind us. Haha.

Photobucket

This is how the environment looks like after we got out from train.

Note: You got to walk straight and take an escalator down proceeding to their train station (Shenzhen ones)

Well, people might just approach you asking if you want any services or blablabla. This had frightened me and gave me serious phobia before I officially get to their first city. They are kind of aggressive and I don't really like. Mmm, perhaps their culture is a little different from us.

Photobucket

(Above) It's a big shopping mall. It looks grand and fine from the outside, but the internal structure was a little rundown. It's all based on my opinion, as some people might find it alright. Let me give you guys the best description of it; it's similar to Beauty World @ Bukit Timah. You can find shops selling imitations like Gucci, LV and many more.

Look out! They aren't cheap, most prolly Grade A quality. Well, for an imitation it's definitely not cheap. Honestly, they look as professional as the real ones. If you buy the imitations there, it's just the price 1/10 of the authentic genuine ones.

I don't really appreciate imitations. To me, if I can't afford; a Braun Buffel is exactly good enough. There is no such need to dump a lump sum of money to get a wallet when you can't even afford or earn back. Isn't it? Haha, that's my logic.

Photobucket

(Above) Saw people carrying luggage?
They are usually HK locals. They usually went in to buy stocks. Therefore they brought their luggage along. They might just get their stocks at half price if they are buying in bulks. Wooh.

Photobucket

Train Station
We purchase tickets to their city, named old street. Oh yeah, the tickets looks unbelivable and i'll show you later. You gonna find it ridiculous. I've got lot to comment on their currency; you will definitely puke blood like me upon reading.

If phototaking of currency is allowed, i'll tmd show you guys everything. Our 5 cent, 10 cent, 50 cent and 1 dollar were all in coins. For their case, it's ALL IN NOTES. 5 cent and 5 dollar, both wrote 5 on the note. You got to really spot carefully.

Doesn't it sound shitty to you?

Old Street
It's a shopping paradise here. Look at my background, I bet you find shoes to your liking. Defintely be prepared that why gonna raised the price on knowing you are tourist. I'm one of their prey.

Still, it's cheap over here as compared to HK. It's probably a few dollar difference. I personally prefer to shop in HK instead of Shenzhen. The people in Shenzhen aren't friendly. No offence, they talked loudy and spit everywhere they go.

Spitting issues
Upon exiting the train, a man spitted onto the ground. Freaking #&(^!# fortunate, his phlam landed right beside me and not on my shoes. Otherwise, I'll freaking grill him on the spot. Straightaway, I said "FUCK" to him. Stupid him praised me sweet without understanding I'm scolding him.

Laoniang don't give a FUCK about his praising. It's indirectly an insult to me. He's so freaking disgusting and rude. Furthermore, it's on Train platform, just like our MRT. It seriously disgust me.

Their culture
Their culture really gave me an opened eye. I doubt I can ever adapt to such and enviroment. I'm not sure if I look like a tourist or what other reason, the local at Shenzhen kept looking at me as I walked. They scanned from top to toe. Eew, gave me creeps.

Photobucket

Lunch Time

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Milk Tea and Lemon Tea
I love their lemon tea because they gave multiple slices of lemon. Yums.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Char Siew Rice and Mee
They really gave a big portion. By the way, never expect food to be cheap in Shenzhen unless it's those normal stalls. We paid SGD 30 for this, similar to Xing Wang Cafe.

Photobucket

Underground shopping
Here we go, to another destination. Oh, this is the so-called tickets. Haha, very budget isn't it? You got to slot into the coin slot at the scanning machine. My first impression was "WTH". Haha, it just seems weird to me.

Photobucket

(Above) That's the underground shopping.

I'm very sorry for the little number of pictures taken @ Shenzhen. In fact, I had my reasoning. I always thought it might be similar to HK. Afterall, it wasn't. I can't trust the people in Shenzhen and I don't think it's a safe place to go.

Note: Girls should never go there on your own. Neither group of 2 nor group of 3. It's not safe.

Scary Incidents
I just wanna take some shots back for blogging purpose initially. Each time I took out my camera, the local people will stare at me even more. Some even deliberate walked toward me to see my camera. There was seconds when I just took it out, 3 man walked towards me and eyed on my camera.

Oh dear, it was freaking scary. They look as if they wanna robbed me. Just because of my camera, all the retail owners doubled their price on me. I'm glad that I'm back safe and sound.

Photobucket

I was so scared that I kept telling Chris that I wanna be home. I guess he tells my fear. It's written everywhere on my face. Men kept aproaching me and the retailer kept pushing me to try their services. It's so stressful for me to be there.

Hahaha, my nice bf brought me back eventually. I'M SO HAPPY TO BE BACK TO HK.

Here we are

Photobucket


Photobucket

We had been to the Wax Museum located at the peak. This time round, I said I wanna go again. Chris had no intention of getting to repeating places, still he accomodate me. Oh man, the weather was so cold at night. My fingers had lost their sense of touch.

Photobucket

Watching me getting runny nose, walking stiffly and icy hand; Chris bought me yummy yummy hot Siew Mai and one ultra big cup of Hot Chocolate. The siew mai was very tasty, there aren't pork but mince shrimps and flour. It taste perfect with the sauce. Woot. -Drools-

The ultra big cup of Hot Chocolate was perfect for consumption and warming me up. It's so cold that I gulped down the burning hot chocolate blewing smoke and vapor at the same time. It's so warm. Haha.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Beautiful Lightings

Photobucket


Photobucket

Madame Tussauds
It's weekday and the crowd was storming in. Super long queues all camping for the peak train. We got ourselves the premium package. This include wax museum and peak view (highest point). I'm damn happy and excited but not Chris. Because he knew that the camwhore session shall begin soon. Still he entertained me. Haha.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Waiting for train

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

It was actually a rope pulling the peak tram upward. Just imagined, the rope SNAP! It's going to be a nightmare, because the route was ultra steep. Steeper than the tip of Bukit Timah Hill.

Photobucket

On the tram

Photobucket

Souvenir shops

Photobucket


Photobucket

Shall let the pictures tells you more. Start scrolling.

Photobucket

Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Princess Diana

Photobucket

Royalty

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Lee Kuan Yew came to HK(Haha)

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

James Bond

Photobucket

New Hat

Photobucket

His armpit hair was gross.

Photobucket

TigerWood

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Before we proceed to the peak, we bought our photo with Jackie Chan. They are smart @ earning quick cash. You aren't allowed to take the shot with your personal camera. It is a must to purchase if you want the photograph. Take a look.

Cover page

Photobucket


With Jackie Chan

Photobucket

GingerBread Man

Photobucket


Photobucket

The Mall

Photobucket

Peak View
The view was really awesome. The cold air was totally refreshing. Mmm, it's great. But my fingers were in pain. If the SLR cam was around, it would be better. Nah, it's Christopher's fault (Don't mention!)

Photobucket

By the way, it won't be hard if you want to get a perfect photograph for yourself. There's services for phototaking now. Back to 2 years ago, this service aren't available. If you want the photo, be prepared to pay a price. Well, there's different price for different sizing. I got the A4 size one, mmm quite big (satisfied, coz he pay). It cost about 20 bucks (not HKD). Quite expensive, but you got the best shot.

Photobucket

It's so cold that I tucked my hand into my pocket (above).

Photobucket

This is my shot. The one I paid 20 bucks for it which comes with the cover to protect your photo. (See below)

Photobucket


Isn't it nice?

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Time to get back before the last train get gone. Haha, everyone waiting for the tram.

Photobucket

I taken no pictures of the peak bus because my hands were numb, kind of lazy. There were little pictures of the peak bus online. This was the best shot I can find. It's an opened top bus. Cool, I like and you gonna camwhore till mad. We board this bus which brings us to the nearest MTR station.

Photobucket

Everyone's camwhoring

Photobucket

On the bus

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Dinner time
The famous egg tarts were sold out. Mmm, fret no. We ordered something else. It's so cold that i crave for some thing spicy. I ordered curry noodle while chris ordered fried beef with vegetables.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Corn Soup (It's really tasty. I think they cooked for hours which explain the sweetness of the soup. It's a famous cafe by the way.

My curry noodle.

Photobucket

Time to head back to hotel for a good night rest. Stay tuned for Day 4 post on Disneyland. I love Disneyland. Muahahahaha.


No comments: