Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 5 in Korea, Seoul (Part 2)

4th December 2010

My posts seemed to be getting less wordy. You know, I always had this strong urge to blog when I just came back from oversea. However, such passion and morale weakened after weeks. Honestly speaking, I don't even know what I am writing anymore. I just ran through the pictures and tried to put the broken bits and pieces together.

Oh, I forgotten to mention to you about how we got to Myeong Dong from Namsam Tower. We had no idea for goodness sake. We alighted from the cable car and chose a path that goes straight down.



Why down?
We were on the peak. The only way to get down is, GO DOWN. Sound reasonable, I guess. Haha.



Bf is the best walking map. I never worried about which line or direction to take when it comes to taking train. We navigated on our own usually, therefore we got to take risks at times. Sometimes, we really had no idea on how to get out of the place. Fortunately, we were on the right track most of the time (so far).

We walked for about 20 minutes before reaching the city area. Wooo, what a risky walk down the hill (haha). Anyway, I never really like the traffic in Korea. Their roads are times bigger than Singapore ones, and the instructions were never understandable. In Singapore, we just cross when we see zebra crossing. We seldom even bother about the oncoming cars as we knew that the cars would definitely stop else they can be prepared to go jail. In Korea, please don't cross the way you did in Singapore. Else, it would be ONE WAY with no RETURN TRIP.


Photobucket
We chanced upon a market along our way to Myeong Dong. I had no idea what market was that. Anyway, it's not worth seeing unless you are looking for bags. They don't sell trendy and fashionable bags. Oh ya, their target audiences were mainly people like our mama. Oops.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Let me tell you something. My favourite choice of Bubble Tea is never Koi Cup. It's Quickly. I missed the Quickly outlet located at Bukit Panjang Plaza 10 yrs ago. I remembered vividly how often I visit BP for the sake of Quickly. I would psycho my buddy and drag her along with me. The queue was forever never ending. There were times I even attempt to cut queue when we happened to see common friends in queue. It's such a happy moment. Even if it's expensive, the taste is worth the price. Yeah.

We're at Myeong Dong.

Photobucket
Tard's sure going to love the place. They got so mad-good-looking geeky specs.

Look at those squishy looking rabbits, I just can't resist grabbing one and run away. They look so cute with geek specs.


It's munchies time again!


My student recommend me this(below). It's some sort like a pancake with egg wrapped in between. She made it to be so heavenly. Well, I don't really like the taste. Mmm, it's kind of plain and after eating long, there would be some weird taste that linger in your mouth. It was then I handed it over to bf. I believe he can take "good care" of it for me.

Photobucket
After ditching my eggie pancake, I claimed to be full. Then I spotted this big BBQ chicken chunk. It's damn mouthwatering. Ok, I guess you guys been to Takashimaya. There's one outlet at the Basement (if I'm not wrong) that sells chicken chunks. It's called ... whatever, I can't remembered. Haha, STM. You must try this BBQ chicken chunk at Myeong Dong. It's only a few bucks and it's ONE BIG CHUNK. It's 2 or 3 times the size of the one you had in Singapore. It's damn nice la. Drools.

It's the aroma that caught my nose.

Photobucket
It's winter time and it's damn cold.


Do you know?
It's freaking best time to eat ice-cream.

Why? Why?
Your ice-cream never melt on you.



I never really liked to hold on to an ice-cream cone as I walk. Sometimes, I did chance upon some ice-cream seller outside my school. It's just so tempting to get a cone especiallly when the weather was bad. I only got 2 hands and it's never enough to do things. I need one hand to hold my laptop, while the other to support at time. Hey hey, my laptop is heavy ok! It's 2.5kg I guess. There was once I had ice-cream biscuit, and it melted like crazy. I had no hands to grab tissues from my bag because they were BOTH BUSY.


Ok dookie, let's get back to ice-cream topic.

We had this 30cm long ice-cream. It's mad long. You might not see the cone bf was holding, but it was LONG indeed. You can choose your flavour unlike MacD in SG with boring vanilla flavour. Korea got chocolate. It's not diluted one, but very chocky chocalate.

It took me 30 minutes plus to finish the ice-cream and it never melted on me. Amazing cool.

Ever since then, I love ice-cream during winter.

Photobucket
The shoppings at Myeong Dong was totally mad.

I came to a shopping mall that made me gone nuts totally. L1 & 2 Zara, L3 & 4 Forever 21, L5 & 6 some korea brands. I just went round and round, repeatedly; yet I never get bored of it. Weird, I wasn't even giddy. I was stucked there for nearly 3 hrs. I'm glad I managed to escape from some evil temptation. Their merchandises were awesome and mad cheap ( some items only)

I bought a 3 pair of earrings which cost SGD5 in Korea, but SGD 12 in Sg. Do you see the difference now?

Photobucket
Yup, I never took much pictures at Myeong Dong because I'm shopping excitedly. It's too thrilling that no one was able to calm my nerves. They've got 1 entire stretch of beauty products. Faceshop, Missha, you named it, you have it. Please don't be surprise to see 3 of each along your way. They were giving out free goodies and face mask at great deals. I bought 20 masks at 20 bucks only. I doubt you can get it that cheap for the price in Sg. I even bought yummilicious seaweed. It's kimchi seaweed.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - -



Anyway, bf had a tiring day. We dropped our things at the hotel, rest for a while before heading out again. You never worry about their closing hours. I mean, who cares?

They just gonna operate till late. Haha, as late as overnight. Oops, or should I say 24 hrs?


Gues where we were heading to next?

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Namdaemun Market

Most of the people said that there were nothing much to see there. LOL, that's not the main purpose for my trip. I travel to see the world, whether it's nice or not; I'll sure be there to visit the famous tourist attractions. Namdaemum is one of the famous market. Yeah, you don't see trendy clothes; but it's definitely somewhere for you to stocked up yummies for friends and familie

Photobucket
You can find many mobile eating stalls at Namdaemun. It's available at Dongdaemun area too, if you wish to try it out. Well, we don't have such mobile restaurants in Sg, I guess it's a MUST to give it a try at least.

Mobile stall, mo-bile stall.

What comes to your mind when you thought of "mobile stall"?
To me, it's something like night market food. Cheap cookings etc. Anyway, I thought it's cheap.

It's not!!!

Our meal cost us nearly 40 bucks. Is that considered cheap for mobile stall?

I doubt so.


I'm not unhappy, neither am I happy. I'm just writing down my thoughts anyway. You can choose the ingredients and tell the boss, how you want your food to be cooked. Definitely, they would do many recommendations. Please stay as alert as possible. Korean eat internal organs. If you don't eat internal organs, keep a lookout at the food that you chose. Avoid pig brains and hearts. Oooh.... that disgust me the most. Haha.

Photobucket

Photobucket
We had fresh mussels and soupy noodle with seaweed for the cold weather.

Photobucket
Is that called passimons? Or something like that? Mmm, I don't know what it was called. I'm sort of addicted to it's taste after sometime. It's a little crunchy crisp, sweet and sour. It's the best appetizer. It's common to see it in most of your side dish when you are in Korea.

Take a look at the dish below. Well, I don't know what it was. It's just egg with some vegetables, and it was said to bring luck. I guessed it's expensive everywhere in Korea. It can cost you 15 to 20 bucks (Dude, I'm refering to SGD of course). To me, it's not really worth the price. I mean, it's just veggies with egg. I had no idea what veggies was that, probably made of gold or take a longer time to mine from underground.

Amazingly, it's DELICIOUS.

Photobucket
We had a plate of stir fried chicken and a plate of fried vermiceilli. What a scrumptious meal!

I love the food in Korea.


Photobucket
As usual, roamed around before heading somewhere again.

Photobucket
Who said we never got lost?

Haha, we did this time. We saw an underground tunnel, so we assumed it's some tunnel to the subway. Yeah, we're right. Like real man. Wtf, we went down and exit the tunnel. Upon exiting, we spotted the tunnel we entered right across the road.

Isn't that stupid?
Haha, sounds stupid to the max.

Stupid us continued going into tunnels and came up the same way. It's so hillarious.

Anyway, we made our way out of Namdaemun. Through pure luck, we managed to get to Myeong Dong again. Hey guys, it's actually a walking distance. Mmm, look out for big shopping malls. I mean those that were very poise looking ones. They will lead you to Myeong Dong. Keep a lookout for the big green statues too.

By the way, we ate yummies again.

We ate hotdogs at Myeong Dong. Hey hey, it's not just hotdog. They had beef or chicken ones. They added ingredients in between the hotdogs with mustard and chilli sauce. Oh my, it's delicious la. It's just 3 bucks and you get the entire stick with 6 hotdogs. Damn worth the price. Seriously, I don't give the price a damn shit about it. 3 bucks is dirt cheap alright. Even if it's 6 bucks, I just gonna buy it and EAT it. Haha, I'm such a glutton.


Yeah, here we are at Dongdaemun Gate. It's not in our itinerary. We chanced upon it. It's so beautiful. My photo was kind of distorted because smartlass (that's me) forgotten to on the flash. Nah, it's ok. At least, I've been there.

Photobucket

Next, I went for shopping. It's 11pm plus but the street was still so crowded. I'm loving it. It's shopping time, I shall keep my camera in a safe place and shop in peace.

Nights everyone, stay tuned for more.



Have a good good night.

Cheers,
Jeanne

No comments: