Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 5 in Korea, Seoul (Part 1)


4th December 2010

The weather was so chilly. I love winter as I don't perspire much under such a temperature. We researched online for weather forecast. The weather was getting colder each day. I tried to act like a hero by wearing a single layer with my coat only. The naive me thought that it should be more than enough. In fact, I was absolutely wrong. I trembled upon my first step out of my hotel. Without further hesitation, I ran back to my room and prepared myself with extra layers of clothings. It was then bf took me as a laughing stock for the entire day.

Anyway, we were going to Namsam Tower for the day. It's going to be somewhere at the peak. Make sure you wear extra layers if you are going there as well. It's going to be sooooooo cold at the peak. Yay!

Photobucket
As usual, we took a train to our destination. Oops, I forgotten where we alighted. No worries, you can get a book named "Seoul 100" at the airport. The book states many interesting tourist attraction. Anyway, I did my own researches too. Unfortunately, I FORGOTTEN to bring it along with me for the day. Haha, it's just so stupid of me.



What worst?

The Seoul 100 did not state how to get to Namsam Tower.



Oh yeah, it's chicken and duck communication time again. Bf tried his best to find a tiny little picture of Namsam Tower. We showed the picture to a staff, asking him how we could get there. Fortunately, he understood what we were trying to say. He indicated us with the direction immediately.


Photobucket

We reached the Subway Stn after a short ride. Bf and I walked a long way up a slope to the cable car stn. The slope was very steep, so you should avoid heels. Here we are.

We bought the tickets at the booth.

Photobucket
If you watched the korean drama "Flower boys", yes, this was the cable car they took.

Photobucket
It's boarding time.

Photobucket
You got to stand on the cable car as it moves. It's some sort like the Singapore Flyers except it's not a ferris wheel but a cable car.

Photobucket
Every few hours, they would put up some traditional performances.

Photobucket
The air was pretty fresh at the peak area. All the trees seemed bare to me, no leaves. Even so, the scenery was still so breathtaking.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Unlike Singapore, Korea never allowed their culture to be left behind. Till today, you can see traditional buildings and architectures with pretty sculptures and colourings.

Photobucket
Before getting to the tower, we got to ease our stomach. We had lunch at a restaurant near Namsam Tower.

Photobucket

Photobucket

You can have a nice scenic view if you are sitting at a window seat.

I had Katsu Curry Rice while bf had Soy Bean Paste Fried Rice.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Mmm, I don't know what's the above dish called. It's a bit like guo tie we had in Xing Wang Cafe. But the skin was crispier and the vegetables was much more crunchy. I finished the entire plate. What a pig!

Photobucket
The teddy of my size.

Photobucket

Photobucket
We took a lift up to the tower. See pictures for more.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh, we met a psychopath on the tower. Actually, he was a tourist. He looked like some english man or you can say ang moh. So we asked him to take a picture of us. Then he tried to pick up topics of conversation with us. We tried to shoo off but he continued to peek at us. How sick was that?

Heck care.

Photobucket

Photobucket

They even have Nature Republic at the Tower.

Photobucket
They have a small little space where tourists or visitors could purchase a small little tile and write down their thoughts and words. The tile could be pinned onto the wall. It would remain there for the next few years, I guessed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
This little girl was cute to the max. She created the greatest harvoc for the pigeons. She held a handful of chips and began throwing them around on the floor. The pigeons flocked towards her. The sight was absolutely cool. Haha, the little girl seemed to enjoyed the great company of birds.

Photobucket
It's street food time again.

Photobucket
Many people had this on their way. I don't really like this much as it's all veggies with strange taste.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We took the cable car back to where we come from.

Photobucket
Here we are, heading for Myeong Dong. Their road seemed pretty confusing to me at times. I'm always worried of being knocked down anytime. The post is getting longer, I shall stopped here then. Stay tuned for Part 2.

Cheers,
Jeanne

No comments: