Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 1 in Genting Highland, Part 2

7th April 2011

As usual, we were absolute aunties taking a short rest in the hotel before setting out again. That sick Tard was guggling chemicals for treating her manly voice. I had nothing much to do except sitting down and watched her in amazement. We even had the time to unpack and hung up out clothes neatly on the hanger.

Off we go to Snow World, we were definitely as happy as a lark.

Photobucket


Unfortunately, camera was not allowed into Snow World. Being rebellious, we continued to camwhore without caring the rules and regulations. The entrance was so blueish and we were so yellowish before entering. Bad lightings everywhere made my photos dull.

We went ahead getting out jackets, socks and shoes. All the jackets were damp and the shoes stink to the maximum. I'm glad that I did not manage to puke on the spot. The person gave me a 36 and 38 for Tard. They were so oversized that Tard and I worried that we might tumbled down the next seconds. The shoes were so big and loose that we had no feeling as we walked on the ice or barely thick snow.

Photobucket

We even took an individual float each and slide all the way down. The float was really heavy and I put in so much effort carrying it up that my lunch digested right away. Fortunately, the staff pitied my pathetic state dragging up the float clumsily, so he offered help. The sliding down process was miserable, we bumped here and there as we slided down. Mmmm, Tard mentioned that I went "Ahhhhh..." Well, I had no impression of that. I remembered, I sat properly before the staff pushed me down. I was physically prepared but not mentally prepared. Anyway it was an awesome ride. It's fast and the impact was really great. Tard's fringe stood up like feelers as she was making her way down. Y'know lightning and thunder, woohoo.

The photographer must be sick in his mind. I had no idea if we should be grateful or ungrateful towards his kindness. He offered to take photos of us all around Snow World. I must say, his photography skill was great but his attitude was kind of weird. Every single photo of us were printed and laid across the entire table.

Upon exiting, our photos had been ready all over the desk. It's as good as display set. It's so weird while the other had to pick and select from the screen.

Photobucket

Next, we played bumper car. It was like an old school thingy to me. It's something that we played in our childhood. It's very hard to find bumper cars in SG nowadays. It was a great reminiscence afterall.

Photobucket

4D motion was over rated. It's purely for kids, I guessed so. I doubt it could interest children as well. The stimulator weren't moving alot and the 4D specs was really umcomfortable stucking onto my eye lashes. The seat belt unadjustable. Tard's one was too loose while mine too tight. Anyway, you can jolly well give this ride a miss. It's so boring that the kid seated right next to me can't be bothered at all. She just took off her specs and stoned while her daddy was trying his best to coax her into mood.


Photobucket




Photobucket

Darkness was about to enveloped the place before we decided to set off to the mushroom farm. The First World Hotel staff was seriously getting on my nerves. I politely asked him if he could lend us a helping hand to by making a call to the Mushroom Farm getting someone to fetch us there.

That ingrate man actually refused to help. He claimed that he could not make calls when the telephone was right beside him. My nerves were trembling by itself at that moment. Next, he claimed that he had no contact number of the Mushroom Farm.



He was a LIAR, true to the end and right into his bone narrows.

He was born a liar.



We were eager to go, and kept persuading him for help. He then dialed and extension to his colleagues to make that call. He then told us that no one answered the one. Oh man, I was furious. I remembered that he mentioned that he had no contact of the farm (and that made him a terrible liar). I questioned him like a criminal and he told me that he had the contact. Wow, wow, wow.

So I asked...



What's the number then?

He lied without blinking and read directly from my research notes.



Being childish, I actually used my hand to cover the information.




What an ASS!

Thanks to Flowerpod (Forum) and online information, I learnt that the shuttle bus (which looks like a van) might stopped at the taxi stand. Tard and I stormed out without hesitation. Fortunately, the shuttle service stopped right in front. If you are interested in having your meals at the Mushroom Farm, remember to board the shuttle service with license plate 9100 ONLY. That's the only shuttle service that brings you to the farm. There might be other vans that looked alike, please do not board. Else, I'm not responsible if you are kidnapped by strangers. As I've said, safety comes first.

Feathery clouds rose across the sky along with the afternoon breeze as we sat off in the van as we laughed blithely with big smile pastered on our faces. We were exhilarated and looking forward to the mushroom farm  casting out the rattling sounds of engine and chattering of strangers.

Photobucket



Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket


We ordered only 2 dishes and it's more than enough for us. Despite ordering the smallest share, the portion looked really big. We ordered 一品锅,宫保鸡丁.

Photobucket

The Fried Yam was so delicious that Tard and I had been munching non stop. We even bought durian along out way back. It was expensive, but it's ok to pamper ourselves once in a while. The aunties was nice enough to seal the bag of durian for us upon knowing we were bring it back to hotel.

Woohoo, we sounded like some durian smugglers.

My eyes never failed to blink when I see DURIANS.


Photobucket

It's famous for Zhi Char not mushroom.

Anyway, we never entered the mushroom farm as it was locked.


Photobucket




Photobucket

To return, board shuttle service 9100 to First World Hotel.

We smuggled durians happily back home (hotel) and put in in the refrigerator to chill. We love chilled durian lot. It's so addictive. We took a shower, no eh, just kidding. We had no time for it either. We made some ice for the night supper before we headed out again.




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -





We took cable car. I was telling Tard that it was one of the longest distance cable car in Asia. We thought we might be able to have our own cable car. We camwhore happily until some aunties and uncles board our cable at the very last moment just before the door closed.

What da fuck! I mean, there's no queue and so many empty cable car at the back. I see no reason for them to squeeze with us. It's such a turned off as they had been talking non-stop. We tried to live very much in our own world but they kept intruding our live. Aww, it's so sickening.

They questioned us if we were Malaysian, Singaporean or even China. Tard kept her anger really well througout the journey. We kept mum for a moment until it's really so awkward that I had to entertain them off. All we want, was just an awesome lovey dovey cable car date. They broke our perfect silence abruptly.


Photobucket

It was entire pitched dark except on our way back. Lights fall right infront of us the sounds of cable car that went through the tower made our journey shuddery. Imma so afraid of height.




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -




We went for bowling after our cable car ride. There's something special about this bowling alley. It glows in the dark after 9pm. It was like a piece of beautiful artwork of precise strokes that painted gingerly with a variant of colours. It's pretty awesome actually. Awesome and pricing were totally different objectives. It costed us almost $7 for a game per pax. It's pretty expensive as you compared it against the pricing in Singapore. I mean, you do pay a price for glowing in the dark.

They played really nice song and you can see the local shaking on the spots.

Tard and I took out the socks that we wore at Snow World in the afternoon. It's stinked so badly, worse than salted fish. The aroma filled the surrounding air and we stopped breathing instantly. That pretty explained how badly the shoes from Snow World smelt. We tucked our feet right into the rented shoes, hoping it's airtight enough to prevent bad air escaping.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Darkness had completely enveloped Genting Highland and we decided to head back to our rooms for a good night sleep. It's another long day ahead, rest is important. We showered and sat down for durians plus a strawberry fruit pie that we bought in the afternoon.

What a filling supper we had!

Photobucket
We played rounds of poker and whacked each other real hard for digestion (of course not, I'm just kidding) before heading to bed. Apparently, Tard talked in her sleep. She must be dead tired which explained her mumbles that woke me up in the middle of the night. It's creepy yea.

Alright, hope you enjoyed reading my post and I hope it doesn't lag your computer. In fact, it's lagging MINE. Aww, so sad. I might be blogging Day 2 soon or maybe not. It depends on my mood. Yo hoo ~

Have a nice day ahead.

Grit your teeth and play your life to your utmost.

Cheers,
Pzy

No comments: