Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 10 in Korea, Seoul (Part 1)


9th December 2011

Finally, it's time to update for my Korea Trip. I'm so sorry for the late updates as I had been busy recently. There were tons to do. I got to work and play at the same time. I guess everything gonna be fine once I managed my time well.



Our next destination:

Seoul Zoo



It's located at a quiet corner of Seoul actually. Oh, perhaps "Rural Area" is the best word for it. It's quite a distance from where I stayed (Dongdaemun). Oh dear, I nearly forgotten how to spell the name of certain places. No worries, I wrote short journal during my stay in Seoul. Therefore every details were intact, safe and sound.

Honestly, it was kind of weird to go Zoo during winter.




I mean...

Would there be any animals?

Even if there is/was...

Shouldn't all of them be hibernating?




Anyway, bf chose the place. I'll just close one eye then.


Photobucket

It's freezing cold out there. Snow in sight everywhere upon exiting the Subway Stn. In fact, I'm already freezing cold when I got out of the train. I expected it to be cold, but not to such extend. It's almost 0 degree celsius in the tunnel. My hand was trembling and soon it FROZE.

Haha, not ice cube yet. I'm just exagerrating to let you know how I feel actually.




But still...

It's really freezing cold.




My fingers were totally numb. I even dropped my tag (so-called Ez-link card) numerous time as I lost my sense of touch. There were times, I put my hand into my pocket and I could hardly feel the tag in it. I even panic upon the thought of losing it.

I had no choice but to wear gloves.

Btw, there's a Ski Resort nearby. You might consider going for a ski if you are there.

Photobucket

I'm absolutely SILLY and FOOLISH.

I knew the weather was going to be cold. I guess I'm just trying to be a hero. The temperature was tolerable when I'm in Dongdaemun the previous night. I seriously didn't expect Seoul Zoo area to be so cold.



Being a hero...

I wore neither stockings nor leggings.



Put your hands in the air...

Cheer me on.



No lah, I'm just kidding of course.

Ok, I guess it's not a good time to joke about such thing. I'm just trying to console myself for doing silly things at the wrong time. C'mon, give me a pat on my shoulder.

It's not really helping much.

Haha.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh, we had KFC for brunch. I was so cold that I forgotten all about pictures.


Why I love KFC in Korea?

1st
Hygiene

They provided wet tissues instead of just normal kitchen paper.

2nd
Freshness

They use only fresh oil. Unlike SG, they tend to reuse the oil again and again till the fried chicken look dull in colour.

3rd
Quality

The fried chicken was tender.


I guess, I had summarized it clearly.


Photobucket

Photobucket
Upon exiting the station, you gonna have 2 modes of transport to Seoul Zoo.

1) Sky lift
2) Walk

As for me, I decided to choose Sky Lift. Ok, I'm lazy and I admitted it honestly. I rather pay 10 bucks than to walk a mile. Furthermore, it's so cold.


Remember?
I'm not wearing any stockings or legging.

Photobucket
The sky lifts were moving crazily fast.

We got to standby at a spot and wait for the seat to reach our butts.


Off we go...

Photobucket

Photobucket

My feet became one size smaller.

Base on my analysis, it's probably due to contraction.

Y'know, things contract as temperature decreases.

The pair of shoes was supposed to fit my feet properly, and it's about to fall off any moment when I'm on the Sky Lift. Pathetic me was trying hard to balance it well.

Why am I so problematic?

Haha.


What a hassle I am!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were just in time for Dolphin Show.

I stole some time to get a pair of stockings before rushing for the animal show. I'm so glad that I found it at one of the convenient store. Amazing, it cost only 2 bucks (SGD). It's cheeaaaap.

As expected, it's of poor quality.

Heck care, I'm freezing cold.

Do you think I care about brands and quality now?

Haha.



Let the show begin...

Photobucket




Do you find the stage scene familiar?

I'm not sure if I'm right, do correct me if I'm wrong.





Have you watched the Korea drama named 红豆女之恋?

It's also knowned as My Love Patzzi.





The scene looked really similar to the one in the show where they performed animal show too.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh, forgotten to mention about it.

This is not a free show. But still... It's cheap.

2 bucks only.

Photobucket


BIG BIG HOODIE, just like umbrella.

Photobucket
Alright, I didn't take many photos of animals.

I doubt you like to see my post flooded with only ANIMALS when it's available in Singapore Zoological Garden.

Photobucket

Photobucket
They have a corner for the newly born animals.

That's where they would nurture the animal till they are grown ups.



They are amazingly CUTE!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Baby leopard.



It's supposed to be fierce and ferocious. But it's just a baby.

Absolutely cute like a kitty.



Look at the way it licked its paw and drinked milk from bottle.

Awwwww, so sweet.


Photobucket

Photobucket

What's that animal in the below picture?

Imma so curious.

It has Mickey Mouse's ears.

Haha.

Photobucket

We bought HOT COFFEE.

Oh, it's not meant for drinking but holding.

We were still cold despite wearing gloves.


Shiver


Photobucket

Finally, I get to see yellow tiger.

I did not manage to see it when I'm in Singapore Zoological garden.

Photobucket

Bf was so retared to roar at the tiger cubs. In the end, the mummy tiger came over to protect its cub and roar at bf.


Aww, poor bf must be frightened.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Fiddle bus in the Zoo.

I'm so amazed that the uncle speak good english.

He even translate his introduction to English upon knowing we were english speaking.

So nice and kind of him.

Photobucket
I have come to the end of Part 1.

Stay tuned for Part 2.

It should be coming up soon.


Have a nice day.

Cheers,
Jeanne

No comments: