Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Australia Day 2

Oh yeah, it's the best day to get started off with. Woke up rather early in the morning since the bus was leaving at 910am sharp. Had a quick shower as it's really cold in the morning. You must have thought that i'm exagerating isn't it?

No, i'm not. The temperature is between 9 to 15 degree celsius. Morning and night are usually the coolest period of the day. I was trembling in cold and could hardly wear my clothes despite being in the toilet having the door shut behind me.The air itself was cool actually.

Had my breakfast at the hotel cafeteria. They serves buffet breakfast and i totally forgotten about pictures on that as i was in a rush almost every morning. Anyway, their breakfast was rather standard.

You can make your own salad, chose your favourite fruits. They serve sausages (pepper or original flavour), beans, omelette, sunny-side up ahdn harshbrown etc.

Oh ya, their sausages taste better than what we had in Singapore. It's really delicious and thumbs up like totally. WOW ~

Walk real fast all the way to Marriot Hotel ( made me thought of Mario) for our bus since it was stationed there. Nono, it wasn't far at all. It's just across the road only.

Phot<a href=

It's my first morning in Gold Coast. I really like the breeze over there. It's a special feeling to me. In Singapore:
When it's cold, the wind is cold
When it's cool, the wind is cool
When it's warm, the wind is warm


But right over here, you can feel:
The heat from the sun
The cooling breeze that went by you


It's so hard to perspire over there and the air was so much fresher than ever. Even the sky is so much more blueish and beautiful to me.

We waited for a while before our bus came. There's so many bus that we didn't been able to differentiate them. It was only after sometime before we realised that our bus company is "DoortoDoor". The bus driver would approach us and check our name on their list.

We're finally on our way. Just to give you some brief information, we are heading to Paradise Country Aussie Farm. I'm really excited about it as i had never ever hugged a koala bear before.


Photobucket

I took some photo in the bus. Do take a look at the photos and my introduction below instead of browsing through my personal photos only. It's kind of interesting to me and i hoped that it is interesting to you too.

I believe that you could see buildings with yatch. Unlike Singapore, we need to have license so that we can do:
Surfing
Jetskiing
etc

They don't have to basically. Most of the riches have their personal yatch or helicopter. They would just go on sea anytime they want as they had big areas for flying, great areas for landing, and even big sea for sailing. I'm so glad be able to see this. These knowledge made me feel small truely. Australians really can enjoy life man.

Photobucket

Yup-ped, we reached finally. We got to collect tickets before we could go on the tram.

Photobucket

I'm rather irritated by an Indian guy who cut my queue. Aha, one person cut into
the queue doesn't really matter to me, but that idiot was buying 8 tickets for
his whole family. It's like WTH to me and i didn't want him to spoil my day.

Photobucket


Happily awaiting for my tickets and selection of food. Oh, i chose chicken while Chris chose beef. Yup, he loves beef i guess but not me. I usually had it well done as i don't like the raw taste in it. Sad to say, i don't know how to appreciate such food as i'm seriously born Singapore locally with typical convservative family.

Oh right, cut the crap and let's moved on to the tram.

Photobucket


The tram was here finally and there aren't many people on the tram as they had board the previous one. All thanks to that bloody idiot i mentioned just now. He sux like totally, being rude and crude. *Phui*

We reached the station - woohoo (",)

Photobucket


Chris brought the tickets to one of the booth to make food orders. Look at the picture below, that's where we gonna had our brunch for the day. I like the place, it doesn't look like some rundown canteen, it made me felt as if i'm in a village or maybe you can say somewhere in wild. It's going to be fun. Read on (",)

Photobucket


Look at that - It's KOALA BEAR.

It seems more like a lazy bear to me. Basically you can't see them awake most of the time. They do cuddle on the trees and sleep very soon. They only woke up for a while for leaves before they continue their sleep. Hey, just like me, i need 15 hrs of sleep almost everyday and they too.

Photobucket


Took somes pictures before we moved on.

Photobucket



Everything cost money here. Just like what we know, they
paid high amount of taxes and highly paid. They don't need to pay for
hospitalization nor car premium or taxes. Everything tend to be expensive over
there. So far as we knew, it's common for these places of interest for tourism
to be expensive in food, luxuries, or even enjoyment.


But their phototaking session was really expensive. Just a photo plus a hug with the Koala Bear cost AUD20 (AUD stands for australian dollars). Bear in mind that the rate was 1.16. Do a quick calculation, it cost SGD23.20.

It's just a photo only, but it's worth the money. I don't mind about the price even though most people thought it's ridiculous to pay that amount of money. Ask yourself, is there any Koala Bear in Singapore?

I guess, you should have know how much it worth the money.
Photobucket
Nono, this photo above was taken by my camera, scroll on more to see the printout by Paradise Country.

How does it feel to hug a Koala Bear?
Oh, it was cuddlish. They were rounder than a puppy and it seriously stinks for goodness sake.

I'm so glad it neither shit or pee on me otherwise i might kill it. If you were there, just look around the floor, you are are stepping on their shit most of the time.

It has got no bowel and bladder control. They just shit and pee anytime they want. You can hardly escape from stepping onto their shit, but you can reduce the chances of coz.

Photobucket


Are you able to spot him on the tree?

Photobucket

All fenced up

Photobucket


We walked on and saw a kangaroo. The animals there were given alot of freedom. They were fenced up, but i guess it was for a show only. The height of the fence is so low that they could just hopped in an out anytime.

The zookeeper over there might just chained them up only if they are naughty.

We took some photos with this kangaroo. Nah, there wasn't anyone else, so it's best not to keep close to the kangaroo just in case they flare and settle me off with their hind legs.

We went to collect our photos with the Koala Bear in it. Do take a look, it's really nice (",)

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


We went to the Animal Nursery. Read on to find out more.

Photobucket


They allowed the lambs and sheeps to walk around so they we could feed them. You don't have to pay for the food, just get a grab from the basket and feed them. The lamb and baby goat might just stood up on you to get food. They enjoyed being pat on the back just like how you pat a puppy. No worries, they are tamed since young and will not attacke you.

Just be friendly and gentle to them.

Photobucket


It's really fun to feed and pat on them seriously. They are like puppies to me, and comfy to touch.

Photobucket


The chicken was damn fat. We hardly see a flying chicken in Singapore. I knew it could fly for very short while and not high, but this chicken could flew up to my shoulder height. I was only curious why it doesn't escaped since it had the ability to do so.

I guess they enjoyed staying in the comfy farm being well groomed as well.

I guess you could tell from the photo that the chicken looks rather clean unlike the usual ones. The cow was so cute to look at my camera. I took quite sometime to seek it's attention. Right after the photo was taken, it jus kept walking towards my direction. Hahahaha (",)

This cow loves to camwhore too, good good, bright future.

Photobucket


Those baby goat and sheep above has got to be locked as they still need their mother's milk.

Photobucket


There we are at the farm show. Look at the bigger pot over the fire, it's not water. It's a cake and i'm so surprised by that. We usually baked a cake in the oven, yet they are able to do so over fire. Oh wow (",) Amused seriously.

They even do a live demo on making tea. They didn't made it using dried tea leaves. Not too sure about that, but they serve the cake and tea during the short break after the show.

Photobucket


I tried the tea, it taste just like lipton red tea with slightly different taste. The cake was quite nice too.

Photobucket

Photobucket


We ate some food before the horse show starts.

Photobucket


This shows do a demo about different ways to ride a horse. In Singapore, they only ride and walked the horses around. This show was different, she demo on how to make a horse galloped and what are the different ways of ordering and signalling them etc. I shall skipped that as i don't think you would be interested in the process.

It's Lamb photo taking session.
Photobucket
They are so cuddlish and nice to hold. Abit heavy for me. The photographer and Chris were laughing at me that i was about the lamb size. What a "funny" joke man?

Seems funny to them and anyone around.

Am i that tiny?

We went for another show. It's about making stunts with whips etc. During the show i was hit. I forgotten what was the thing which hit me. Look at the picture below and you will know.

Photobucket


I was under the shelter and yet it flew in and hit me on the back of my head. It's pain and swell on the spot. Most of the staffs came over to see if i'm alright. They even offered to sent me to medics, gave me free photos, stuffs etc.

Read on, and you will know what i've exchanged with my pain. It's all worth it as i saved alot of money. Chris was so worried that he kept rubbing my on my wound.

Despite the pain, we still went for the sheep shaving show. Wahahahahaha, Chris was chosen to go up on the stage since they were in search for a "Young Man".

Photobucket


See the shoe on top?

It's made of wool. Wierd to me though.
Photobucket
That's what Chris had been doing on the stage(above pic). The person taught him how to shave the wool and it seems so fun. I thought it might stinks, but the truth is that it doesn't. These sheep were well groomed and bath thoroughly before they were brought up on stage.

Photobucket


The sheep was reluctant to return after the show. The person had to force him behind the door. Hahahahaha (",)

Photobucket


The performer likes to disturb. He said Chris had little muscles, not strong enough. In the end, he shuffed up wool into his sleeve. It mades him looks snoopy and funny. Another uncle also tio from the performer.

The performer was was mocking about him not having thick hair ( as he was alittle bald on top). There he goes throwing a thick wool onto his head. He made a flower of wool for the lady and placed wool all over the young girl.

It's all so stupid and funny.

Photobucket


Next, we went for to get my "compensation". Let me tell you what was given in exchange for my pain.
1) 2 Koala bear (AUD20 each)
2) 4 photos (AUD20 each)

Do a quick count
6 x AUD 20 = 120 AUD
120 x 1.16 = SGD140


I saved 140 bucks, isn't it worth it?

Take a quick look at the photos and the album if you were interested.

This was the front page.

Photobucket


On the second page below, they did a short intro about Koala Bears and Kangaroos.

Photobucket


The back page of the album cover.

Photobucket


Photos were slot in between the pages after the front page.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's lunch time.

I got my chicken and Chris got his steak. We gotten ourselves some sauce, pastas and salad. Oh yeah, we tried the cheese potato, it's yummy. Seems like Australian loves cheese too. I could see cheese in most of their food.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Had a quick lunch before Chris went to get some souvenirs. Ahya, the Koala bear keychained. I didn't buy any of them. I doubt my friends do hang it on their bag. Just imagine, if you were using a LV or Gucci, or maybe let's not compared that way.

Let's use Laiyan as good example. She's using a Braun Buffel wallet.

Do you think she would hang a little Koala Bear on her wallet. She might beat me up for that.


Photobucket


They were all damn cute.

Photobucket


It's time to set off again.

Photobucket


We took the tram to the previous station and board our bus.

Any idea where we were heading to? Harbour town

Harbour Town is a shopping area for tourist. In order to shop in there, you will need to register beforehand or maybe even placed a registration fee. The shops were selling stuffs at wholesale price and tourist would have gotten 10% discount from it. It's consist of more than 500 shops.


Photobucket


We reached Harbour Town and it's time to shop. I'm not not very eager and excited to shop as it's selling winter wear almost everywhere. Even if there's nice stuffs, there isn't my size. I'm very tiny to them.

Photobucket


I was told by one of the staff, i were to be there 1 month earlier, i do get the chance to enjoy their annual big sales and getting to buy summer wear. Fine, it means i missed the good time to shop.

Photobucket


Anyway, i still managed to get a RL polo tee. It's the last piece and it's still damn expensive after discount. It cost roughly 70 bucks ( for a polo, it's ridiculous). Thanks god, it was subsidise by my "government" named Chris. Hohoho (",)

Got a blue one (",)

Chris got some clothings out there. Good for him, bad for me.

Board the earliest bus back to Surfer Paradise.

Photobucket


Went shopping in search for MNG. You can easily spot big Billabong outlets, 2 to 3 storeys or even other shops for surfer which is not commonly seen in Singapore. Such shops can be easily found there as it's Surfer Paradise.

I'll show pictures of beach in the next or next next post. Unsure about that, but you will see picture for that.

Their sea is very different.

In East Coast, you just had to walk 3 metres and the sea level do be up on your shoulder. For theirs, you might need to walk 7 metres and the sea level might be just around your hip.

They had strong beautiful waves. Despite cold weather, people still surf.

Photobucket


Do you see the Billabong shop below?

It's 3 storey.

Photobucket


It's MNG Barcelona. Wow, big and exp too. It's a nono, for churchie like me. Manage to find something 20 bucks out of it, but no size as the sales had been on for quite sometime. That's something bad about being small when you are at a foreign country.

Thanks to my mum, thanls to my dad for making me small.

Next, we went to their supermarket. It's the tidiest market i had ever been too. Look at their display, it's like it had been measured to be placed in that way.

Photobucket


I know it's bad to post up about such private stuffs like Tampon. But i just want share with you about it. I was looking around when Chris called to me pointing at that box of stuffs.

Guess what came to my mind in the first place?
Crayons.

Hahaha, but it was Tampons. It's weird. LOL
Photobucket
Saw their olive oil?

Chris always wanted to buy olive oil for pasta in Singapore. But everytime we went to supermarket, there's only a few varieties and were expensive. In Australia, they have got tons of varieties. Uncountable like totally. They aren't expensive, only 8 bucks per bottle.

It's night time, we went to Hungry Jack.


Photobucket



We ordered 2 set meals. Make a quick guess how much they cost?

AUD 18 x 1.16 = SGD 20.90

20 over bucks for 2 set of fastfood. Luckily they gave free chilli sauce and free refill, otherwise, we might just die on the spot.

By the way, you gonna fall in love with their fastfood. Our local Macdonalds fries aren't crispy and seems to be dull. For theirs, they were in bright yellow. You will hear crisp sound when you chew on it. It's really fresh and the burgers were damn nice. The meat was so much more tender than local.

In oour country, they kept reusing the same oil over and over again. In Aussie, they don't do that. Therefore their food remains fresh.

Alright guys, it's time to sleep again. Shall continue tomorrow again. Bye (",)

No comments: