Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 2 in Genting Highland, Part 1

8th April 2011

I stretched and yawned as I sucked in the crisp cool morning air. Here I go, jumping in to action without further command from Ah Tard. Y'know she can be quite annoying in the early morning. Each time I spent my night with her (Oh no, it just sounds so wrong now =x), I suffered terribly the next morning. Worst comes to worst, she would yelled on the top of her voice or attempt to whack me awake. Furthermore, she sounds totally like a rooster, crowing on punctually forever.

Right after her second crowing (I mean second warning actually), I was totally freak out. I leaped off from my bed and scurried my way into the shower. She was so amazed that she popped me a question if I'm going into shower. Undoubtedly, yes, the crowing dowager.





Do you see how frightened I am?

-Shakes head-





I brushed my teeth hard to wake myself up hoping to chase away the last of my sleepiness. The freezing water gave my skin a frosty sensation as I washed my cold and pale looking face. I trembled in the chilly morning winds after my shower. The frosty morning chill made me felt like curling into blankets even further. Obviously, I dared not.






By the way, did I mention that she sleep talk in the night?

OMG, I swear it's damn creepy.






I was semi-awake upon hearing mumbling. Then followed by an eerie silence boomed in my ears. She just went on and on with bacarat-bacarat-bacarat. Apparently, it's some language that normal human beings like me failed to understand. I had no intention to understand further either. For a second, I thought to myself, the rooster must have suffered a terrible cold that resulted her unexplainable speech.






TADA!!!

We're ready for the day.


Photobucket




Photobucket


We spotted a Cheesy Lava Pizza deal @ Pizzahut. It's definitely a must try. For it's cheap and reasonable pricing and the food of course. Well, we were both cheese lover plus SG doesn't serve Cheese Lava Pizza at all time. Most importantly, it's sort of different from the usual one we had. You will see it later.

Photobucket




Photobucket

We were seated outdoor as there was a stench within the restaurant. The staffed served us garlic bread first instead of soup. We waited for quite a long while before Ah Tard went whiny again. She was acting pissed as there wasn't any soup for us to dip in our garlic bread. Numerous attempt calling out for the waiter seriously dampened her mood. Finally, the staff served us our soup.






Tard wasn't pleased yet, and she officially named him...

Fat pig!






I was stunned, and I thought to myself for a moment before deciding not to provoke her further. Haha. Anyway, it was seriously ridiculous for him to take such a long time to served the soup. He served everyone except US. Apparently, we must've been transparent.


Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket

The soup was yummeh. You hardly find shrooms within as they've been diced into really small pieces. Oh, I just mentioned something different about the pizza. They had tempuras on it, sounds weird but it's really nice. It was as if we were having some Japanese pizza. The cheesy lava was definitely different. Maybe if you are a food lover or gourmet, you could have tell the difference. Cheese is supposed to be salted. The cheese was sweet, and there was some berries added that added on to your appetite.

Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket


It was a lovely yummeh brunch.







- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -







Right after our scrumptious meal, we had this sudden urge to defecate. This seemed to be a better and appropriate term. Perhaps, not many of you came across this word. Well, I shall be more direct in this case. Yeah, we went to shit and it was high peak period. Y'know explosive poo.



Haha, I shall not exagerate too much now.


You sure gonna be...

Freak out!!!




We sat in the cubicle next to each other and chat like nobody's business. The people who overheard our conversation in the cubicles must've been really awkward. Our topics never drifted away from poo.







- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -







Next stop shall be the Strawberry Farm. There was this long haul topic about strawberry farm going on in Flowerpod. Oh, I'm telling you this, I really love Flowerpod wholeheartedly. It has all types of information about travelling. It's not just plain direction but opinions from travellers as well. It's just so valuable and perfectly reliable.

I took down the contact and requested the staff to make a call for us. As usual, they just refused to help. Our morale went beyond the border within seconds. The staff recommended us to use the public phone. Oh my oh my, it's so old school. We had no choice but to tried out the exotic alternatives. We just can't stop ranting about how bangaladesh-ing we were. As you see, foreign workers are the common ppl who used public phones. We seriously had difficulty operating on the public phone.





How to use the phone huh?
How much is it?
The lousy phone never state how much eh?
Have you dropped in the coins?
How come no sound?
Should it go duu... or du..du..du..?
You press number le mah?
Need to put all the numbers or not?






We were seriously acting like some kuku. We were caught dumbfounded for our own actions. Passerby definitely thought it's our first time using a public phone. We flushed hotly in shame as our face turned red like a lobster from humilation. At that moment, we seriously wished to rammed our face into the phone wishing that the torment stopped immediately.

Somehow, we thought that we were lucky for a second. The phone got through and someone answered the phone, Hello. We were on cloud nine and triumph was doubled. With bated breath, we waited for the man to answer patiently before misfortune befall ONCE again. The damn RM0.20 couldn't even last the phone call for a minute. It's just so drastical at the moment that our jaws dropped on automatic. The person was about to tell us the objectives when the phone call ended abruptly. It's just so SUDDEN.

We had no coins and our eyes were brimming with unshed tears that we even had to force some coins outta us. Misery was written all over our face and we gritted our teeth to make a second call. This time, I gonna rant. The exactly same person answered my call and apparently, he knew it was ME. Still, he refused to jump straight into the main objectives. Here he went on and on, till...




The FREAKY DAMN PHONE hanged up on me AGAIN.




Totally red with anger, you shall never imagine the fire within me, raging hot and waiting to kill any time. We were desperate to call, yet raging with anger over the public phone that hanged up on me not once but twice. It's mad infuriating. Tard asked me if I wanted to call again.






Of course, NOT.






The person must've thought to himself...

It must've been a PRANK CALL.


It sounded totally like a prank call. No one would ever call out and hanged the phone that abruptly like us. We were totally moronic to the maximum, it's just so humiliating. If I were to call again, the man sure thought that we were trying to be comedian.







- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -







We changed our plan eventually. We decided to hail a cab instead of making calls through public phone like idiots ( we almost were). We stormed to the outdoor and enquired about the cab fare without hesitation. Time is money and I promised you, that's not the end of tragedy. I mean tragedies.

The cab driver must have thought that we were not the locals, hence, he decided to con some quick cash out of us. He must have thought that we would submit to his offer by speaking some foreign languages that we do not know. He began speaking in Cantonese when I previously overheard him in Chinese. Unfortunate for him, I understand Cantonese. I seriously had no idea what this uncle is trying to do.






He then offered a comtemptible charges...

RM240






Wow, wow, wow, all my vulgarities came streaming in just like river flow. My heart sank to the bottom as if it's gonna stopped thumping. I'm glad Tard couldn't understand Cantonese else she gonna collapsed on the spot and I had no choice but to leave her in the middle of the road. I blinked and assumed that I'm heard him wrong. Then again, he repeated clearly to me in Cantonese that it was RM240. My ears chose not to believe him.






It's exactly DAYLIGHT ROBBERY.






I asked him if it could be cheaper, he offered another ridiculous charger...

RM180

Isn't it still daylight robbery?






We attempted to walk off and he offered the final...

RM140






Ah Tard and I could no longer take it. We decided to turn back to the PUBLIC PHONE reluctantly when another driver came up to us and offered RM100. I slashed it to RM70 immediately. Gladly, he accepted my preposterous offer, wth.




By the way, you had 2 options getting to the Strawberry Farm:

1) Take a one way cable car trip and called for pick-up (RM2.00 only) at a waiting point.
2) Get a cab and paid not more than RM80 for a round trip that includes waiting time of 1hr.




Option 2 sounded relatively more reasonable. It made our transport easier and we need not fret upon our return. Most importantly, you only paid the driver at the end of the day. It's the safest and most reliable, strongly recommended for you.

Photobucket


Our entire face lit up like sun rays shining down. We swirled around in the huge and spacious farm as the fresh smell of plant brushed through our nose. It's my first time to a strawberry farm and I was exhilarated. Sunlight filtered through canopy of leaves as we ran towards the counter to get our basket and scissors.

You might be interested in freshly picked strawberries by yourself. It cost only RM5.90 per 100g. It's relatively cheap. You can get probably 5 to 6 pieces for 100g. You gonna be totally pleased after getting all those yummy red berries.

Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket


We were whooping in elation around the farm as we snipped the chosen strawberries from the plant. We were definitely up to mischief. We even stretched to our utmost reaching the opposite plantation (no entry to it) to cut some berries. Berries just seemed to taste and look better after putting in much effort. Tard stretched while I tried to catch, that's what we called perfect cooperation.


Photobucket


We found numerous redish red strawberries. Being mischievous, we selected the good ones only and placed the rejected ones back to the plant. We made fun and craps outta it by placing them back to the pot. Alright, we were bad and we knew that exactly. Anyway, Tard was the one who solely place them into the pot. I guessed the staff would be probably after her not me. Muahaha - *shift blame*






Nope, I'm just kidding.

I sincerely apologized for it. Yet, it's still damn fun doing so.






Tard and I would probably enjoy the process even more upon being caught. It's definitely gonna be another great happening of the day, yeah.


Photobucket




Photobucket








Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Ah Tard had been so eager about taking shots of the peeing strawberries that she went up and down looking for it.

Photobucket
The staff was really friendly and nice. He volunteered taking shots of us with great background and sceneries. Amazingly, he took potrait and landscape shots without us telling him. Mmm, maybe it's just time for him to get a better job as photographer instead.
 
Well, who knows?
 
He might be the co-partner of the strawberry farm.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
It's time for munchies again. I wanted to try out the strawberry ice-cream cake initially. The person took us to a corner where they showcase the cake. Well, the cake was great itself, but not the way they presented and showcase it. I would say it's bad marketing skills. Anyway, we're not in SG, it doesn't matter really that much. The strawberry ice-cream cake went out of stock. It dampened our mood and lead us to a state of depression. We had no choice but to order the Mocha ice-cream cake and a strawberry milkshake in a lifeless voice.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
I wouldn't say the Mocha ice-cream cake was super duper yummeh. It was still yummeh and it's cheap. I'm sure you are not expecting any 5stars quality at tsuch a cafe, else you'll be the one expecting too much.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
 
Maybe you can take a look at their sunflower plantation. My battery went low as I did not charge it throughout the night. Ah Tard, that walking rooster failed to remind me as well. Hence, less photos on the sunflower plantation plus we got to report to the cab driver within an hour.
 
It was sooooo RUSH.

Photobucket


Photobucket
The shrooms were all so big and eccentric looking. I doubt I've seen them in my entire life. Well, I guessed it must have taste really good as I saw people ordering baskets of shrooms. Furthermore, they are freshly grown. I'm a fan of mushrooms too. Unfortunately, I only know about eating them. Haha.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Bad lighting, mmm bear with it.

Photobucket


Photobucket
 
The driver was obviously in a rush, trying his best to cut down his waiting time. A million thanks to him, else we could have done more than what we could. Relatively, a "great and nice" driver. If we were given more time, I guessed we would have combed the vegetables farm or flowers plantation that were just a walking distance away.
 
 
 
-Curse the driver deeping in our hearts-
 
 
 
We sniffed and tried to swallow the lump in our throats as we bidded a goodbye to the Strawberry Farm. Even so, a teeny weeny bad driver shall not have the ability to spoil our day. We still had a whale of time jumping in joy and swirling around. It's just so fun.
 
I shall end here for the time being.
 
Stay tuned for part 2, coming up next.
 
 
 
 
Have a nice day.
Put a smile on your face and everything shall be fine.
 
Cheers,
Pzyy

No comments: