Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Japan, Official Day 2

27th August 2009
It's my second day in Tokyo. I had a good night sleep last night all because of the comfy bed provided. Based on online resources, its a branded mattress. I've not yet take a peek and had no intention to do so. My energy level had recovered to the maximum. Hoho, 100% full batt.

I intend to had my lunch in Shinjuku area as I knew there won't be food in Tokyo Tower area unless we walked a great distance. That silly and naive fella chose not to believe my words. He insist having his dinner at Akanbenishi area. Fine, suits that fella and I'm sure he will regret his decision.

Oh yeah, Metro is the fastest way to Tokyo Tower. I strongly reccomend Metro instead of JR as you gonna walked a longer distance. 15 minutes walk and 45 minutes walk, which one would you choose?

There were ice-cream vending machine on the platform. Look at their varieties, they made me drool on the spot.

Photobucket


We are currently at one of the interchange. We've to switch trains to get to our destination.



Photobucket


Look at the Tokyo Tower above, doesn't it look near to the station?

NONO, it's damn far. We walked a great distance and climb an overhead bridge before we could reach the tower. Upon reaching, we witness super big crowd. Cute little students carrying their bags, following behind their teachers.

Photobucket


Even the naive Chris enjoy browsing around at those interesting stuffs.

A 100 credits to Chris for his insistence of having lunch at Tokyo Tower area, we ended up having lunch at MacDonald. Their lunch burger similar to what we had for breakfast in Singapore. Still, they taste a lot better especially the nuggets.



Photobucket


Japanese seems to love eggs. We see eggs in all of their dishes.

I love their nuggets. The nuggets we had in Singapore, skin is usually dry and non-crispy. Japan ones are darker in colours and more crispy. Basically, I settled all of them on the table. Yums.

An extra information, Japanese don't consume chilli sauce. Therefore I advise you not to waste any extra energy for curry or chilli sauce. You should be glad enough to have some ketchup for your fries.



Photobucket


At such critical point of time when we are going to purchase our tickets, the irritating Chris irritate me again. His super power DSLR camera cock up. THAT IS WHY I DETEST CF CARD. Although it's cater or designed for DSLR camera, but reading problems occured oftenly.

Great, he got a good scoldings for me. I even threw tantrums for the next 30 minutes. Thanks to his obliging attitude towards me, everything was fine again.

Photobucket


Look at their crepes.

Aren't they yummy to you?

Got strawberry, chocolate, banana, rasberry, and many fruits flavour. Oh hell no...



Photobucket


Pikachu is on street. Look at how interactive they are. In Singapore, even when we had such living characters on street, kids aren't that active to such activity. Typical kiasu parent would be holding on to their kids, having the daddy as photographer for phototaking.

Its nicer in Japan. The kids would crowd around Pikachu and hop around with it. These characters are usually very cheerful and would offer great hugs to people.



Photobucket


We tried taking a good picture with Pikachu, but there are just too many kids crowding around. Therefore we divert our attention to something else. Here we go and purchase our package tickets which includes wax museum, anime, world guinesses record museum and tower. Everything cost about 2000 yen.

Photobucket


I decided to visit Wax Museum first and the irritating boy is given no rights to reject or disapprove my decision.



Photobucket




Photobucket


This is just a mini wax museum, therefore i advise you not to make comparison with Madam Tussad in Hongkong. Basically, they serves different theme for the museum. The one in Japan is much more westernize as compared.

Photobucket




Photobucket


Please don't bother to find out who i'm taking photos with. Honestly, I knew only 50% of them. Haha (",)



Photobucket


Thomas Edison on the Left
Mao Zhe Dong on the Right

Below shall be Frankeinstein, the mad scienctist or mathematician. I'll never understand how he came out with such formula and calculation. It's really crazy when I can't even stand my secondary mathematics.



Photobucket




Photobucket






Photobucket


Christopher's pattern is definitely more than badminton. It seems that he's got more creative poses compared to me. Alright, I shall not laugh at him anymore. Otherwise, he might kill me upon his first week return from camp.



Photobucket




Photobucket


Other than wax people, they also displayed exclusive figurines which may be very valuable by now. These figurines are usually limited sets, therefore they are kept safely on the enclose shelves.



Photobucket




Photobucket


Japanese respect their culture, so do I. You can see display charts and area which describes their history. It talks about how Tokyo Tower begins and building processes. I wanted to find out more but they are all in Japanese. I wasn't able to read them though they all look like chinese words.



Photobucket


Our milk product are very limited and majority of them went through additional processes. But those that you see in my picture below are made of true content. These are very fresh product and no preservatives are added. I see Japanese buying them and I thought they might taste really great.

Nah, I did not buy any as they had to be refrigerated within an hour. Furthermore Chris and I had a long itinenary for the day, I doubt these product can take it. If they can take it, I might buy the cheese.

Right after the Wax Museum, we went to the World Guinesses Record Museum.

Photobucket


Chris Foot VS The Biggest Foot in the World

From the picture above, I guess everyone agree that it's a super big foot. Chris wore a size of 9.5. I'm surprise the biggest foot is almost twice his size. It would be real scary if I've such a big foot. Oh by the way, this foot belongs to the tallest guy in the world. He's at least 2.5 metre or above.

I've talked about my experiences being an ultra fatty in the past. Have you wonder about how I'll look like if I gonna turn fat again?

Take a peep.



Photobucket


I did mention about the Tallest Guy in the world seconds ago. Here you are, pictures for you to witness the truth. I never agree Chris was tall, but all my friends did. I guess it's my height that makes him stand out. Oh yeah, Chris is about 1.75m only. Look at the Giant Guy behind, isn't he a lot taller than Chris?

Look at the picture below.

It's Chris with the smallest guy in the world. I'm considered small to many people as well. Though I knew that there are people who are smaller than me, but i never expect it to be around the size of my head only.

Chris turned into a giant when he stood beside the little man.



Photobucket


It's my dream to slim down. If you were to compare my ultra past to now, I knew I had slim down more than 10 kg. I always tried my best to control my weight. As you know, it's going to be hard to loose weight once I gain weight.

I guess it would be disastrous if I gain weight to such extend.

Oh, that's me and the little man.



Photobucket


Tsk, Tsk, Christopher had better stop eating too much before they become one of a kind.

Photobucket


This is not a Science Centre not any Biology lessons. This is a world record of a woman with the most tattoos. I can't imagined what she's thinking before tattooing herself. It's understandable to do it for the sake of art or beautifying purposes. Infact, she tatooed 90% of her body which includes her face.

I respect her courage for doing so.



Photobucket


Below shall be Marilyn. Chris and I just visited her months ago in Australia. I personally preferred Australia Marilyn since she's sexier and prettier than such wax maniqueen.

Photobucket


That's Michael Jackson above and Elvis below.



Photobucket




Photobucket


Haha, I'm trying to imitate.



Photobucket




Photobucket


See!!! I can play golf too. Woosh - jk

King Kong, Chris and Me

Photobucket




Photobucket


Look carefully at the below pictures.

I always thought Chihuahua is the smallest dog until I saw that. It's less than 10cm and I'm really amazed by that. If I hadn't travel to Japan, I might still be living in a world of "limited knowledge". It's so cool to have such small little doggy especially when your parent disallowed you to have pets roaming around in the house.

Such tiny dogs could be easily kept into cage and required lesser amount of feeding. This made cleaning job easier. They even had the smallest cat in the world. Oh dear, everything was really small and makes pets look cuter at the same time.



Photobucket




Photobucket


That is Christopher and the longest dog.




Photobucket






Photobucket


I'm not a rich girl who get to travel to Europe places, but I'm really happy and glad that my boyfriend brought me to Japan. At least, I feel proud and satisfied that I had the chance to visit Tokyo Tower which is one of the tallest tower in the world. It's not the tallest, but the seventh tallest.

I strongly believe that Christopher will sponsor me to the tallest tower someday.

Look at the picture below. I doubt I'll ever finish these hotdog buns in an hour. Can you?

Photobucket


Have you had any idea what's behind Chris in the picture above?

It's a buddha thumb. On picture right below, shows a giagantic Buddha description. This particular Buddha statue was really huge and we aren't even the size of a thumb. Behind Chris was the exact size of it's thumb. It's amazing.



Photobucket


In Singapore, we usually had mineral water bottles labelled with names like "Sentosa" or maybe "Singapore Zoological Garden". Japanese are more creative as compared, they made bottles into shape of Tokyo Tower. It's so unique and have got more memorable value for tourists.





Photobucket


It's dessert time. I'm a little thirsty in fact, but Chris wanted an ice-cream. Alright, here we go with mango flavour. Yeah, their soft ice-cream was really nice.



Photobucket


Alright, it's time for anime show now.





Photobucket


I don't think it's a good anime show, but it's said to be the favourite show of all Japanese. During the video show, poor me simply fell asleep sleeping upright. The show is in Japnese and it went - Bakalah Bakalah moolah moolah. I can't understand it at all.

The only part I appreciate their services and thoughts was they actually provide us with english translation on a piece of paper. It came with other translation as well. Therefore if you could only read chinese, you can simply request for chinese translation from them.



Photobucket


The character above represent Tokyo Tower which gave a better impression of the tower.

Next, we took the lift to the observatory tower.


Photobucket


The scenery from above was really beautiful, especially when you see blocks of high rise buildings. From above, you can even see shrines and temples. I strongly advise you not to take photos of the temples as some of them consist of cemetry at the backyard.

Everything was really nice above and you ought to spend 30 minutes for phototaking and appreciation of the scenery. If you want to witness beautiful sunset, I strongly recommend 5 pm as the best timing.

Photobucket


Even though it's weekday, it's still crowded.

Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket


We can even see clouds from above.



Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket


At the observatory hall, they had a look down window. It's a thick glass whereby you can look down directly from the tower. It's definitly of some height from the top. Upon looking down, I felt scary. Those little kids are simply jumping up and down on the glass pane.



Photobucket






Photobucket


We had our last shopping at the Tokyo Tower.

The yellowish shop behind me sells everything made from banana. They banana biscuits, cakes, and many other varietues. Although I did not buy any, but if you like banana food stuff, i guess you should give it a try.



Photobucket






Photobucket


I really like Japan Packaging style. I always thought that their packagings were really nice and sweet. Sometimes, I just can't bear to eat the food.


Photobucket


Did you saw the cuttlefish in the picture above?

It might look small but it's actually the whole of Christopher arm length. This means that it's longer than my arm. Wow.

Photobucket


They are selling Hello Kitty handkerchiefs. There will be Hello Kitty in your Horoscope and Birthday month on the handkerchief. It's really cute though.



Photobucket






Photobucket


It's time to proceed to our next destination. Chris and I bid a goodbye to Tokyo Tower and swear that we'll be back one day. Well, that might be 2 or 3 years later. It's a beautiful upright standing tower indeed.



Photobucket


A last shot of the tower.

Look at the picture below.
I guess everyone who read my Bangkok Post remember Laiyan, Zhiyan and I taking Tuk Tuk. Oh yeah, they have something rather similar. On the left of the picture, I guess you would see a motocycle-like vehicle. It can actually takes up to 2 or 3 passengers (depending on the sizes). It's like a semi-taxi.

By the way, that's how Japan Police car looks like on the right of the picture.





Photobucket


On our way to the JR station, we walked pass quite a number of interesting stuff. I shall share with you generously. Oh, that's a temple actually but i'm not sure which one was it. I had no time to visit it as we are on our way to Odaiba. Odaiba... Odaiba... Odiaba...

I knew that Metro station is nearer as compared to JR station. But our next destination is Odaiba which is only reachable through JR lines. Therefore we walked almost 45 minutes to the station. Please note that Odaiba is not reachable by Metro. I knew that some people recommend different ways to Odaiba using Metro, but you will only get to the Rainbow Bridge. If you wanted to get to Palette Town and Ferris Wheel, it is a must to go through JR.



Photobucket


On the second picture above, it's a great varieties of bread. Our local 7-11 only sells Kaya and Red Bean bun which i'm so sick of them. Look at their varieties, I doubt you will even get sick of them.

Here we are, at the VenusFort.

Thanks to Chris DSLR camera, that's why we are able to capture the title and scenery behind. I tried using mine and everything is BLACK. Yeah, lousy camera. I'm damn tempted to get one DSLR camera now.





Photobucket






Photobucket


Mmm, that's the Ferris Wheel. Isn't it beautiful?

I personally prefer this Ferris Wheel as compared to Singapore Flyover. No offence to Singapore's Creation, but it's a fact that there's nothing special. It's just gave me the impression that they build it like a bus to hold more people. Basically, I never thought it's a Ferris Wheel to me at all.

That's the exact one below.



Photobucket


The colours would change from time to time and it's moving really slow.



Photobucket






Photobucket


It's time to shop again. Here we are at Palette Town.



Photobucket






Photobucket


I really love Palette Town. It ain't any Vivo City or Illuma, it's really something special when compared to what we are getting in Singapore. From the second picture above, you will see pools for kids and jumpy for any age. It's really great to have such outdoor activities at such places. It's really cool to me.



Photobucket


Do you know what's the coolest?

They had Car Exhibition Hall too. In Singapore, if we were to try a car, we'll have to drive outdoor to test car. For this particular Car Exhibition Hall, they had their personal testing route for patrons. Their route ain't any cement floor, infact you get to see drivers driving on overhead bridge build indoor. It's damn cool.



Photobucket






Photobucket


Look at the picture below.

It's a stimulator. If you aren't testing out in a real car, you can opt for the stimulator. It's almost 80% similar to real driving experiences. This made easy for patrons.


Photobucket


Based on the second picture above, i'm not really sure why there were cards all over the car. But from what i've seen, it's all children drawings.

Next, it's shopping time again.





Photobucket


In Japan, there ain't sizes range from 4 to 12 or 35 to 42. Their sizes only come in Small, Medium and Large. Look at my small feet, it's rather obvious I need a Small. I wanted to buy that shoe, but it was the last piece and had some marks on it. Too bad...



Photobucket


They had Snoopy Cafe with all Snoppy decorations. Their plates, their tables and even glass window were all filled with Snoopies. So Kawaii.





Photobucket


It's Hello Kity Truck. Anyway, I usually called them Hello Kiki. Hahaha, no idea probably used to such calling manners. Hello Kiki are almost my size when I squat down. By the way, we are in KiddyLand. There's another larger outlet in Harajuku not to be missed.





Photobucket






Photobucket


Look at pictures below.

It's the Pets Paradise and Pets City. Pets Paradise consist of all pet's accessories, food and essential stuffs. Therefore I strongly recommend that place if you wanted to buy something really special for your lovely pets.

The main topic now shall be the Pet City. I wanted to take photographs but there was a big signage telling us it's prohobited. This is because flashes might frightened small animals. Anyway, it's a super big pet shop. Their pets are probably better groomed as compared to Singapore Pets Shop. The pets look clean and and their cage are clean.

The best thing and special part is they had pets rental. They allow animal lovers to rent their pets on hourly rate. I guess it really surprise you.



Photobucket


Phototakings are strictly prohibited but I sneak a few shots out of it. Shhh...



Photobucket


That's a vintage transport outside a bar. I believe there might be more in the bar.





Photobucket


Next, we went to this shop which is similar to Action City. It consist more special stuffs as compared. There's just too many and I did not upload all of them. I shall just emphasize on a few then.





Photobucket


They had toys hanging in the air with net.



Photobucket


They ain't any ultra big tube of toothpaste. They are tissue box in fact.

Our local shelves are usually not very tall, but in this particular shop it's really tall. It's unlikely to be reach without tools. To make easy for reader, they had such portable sliding ladder. You could simply climb up and slide from left to right to reach your books. No worry, it's absolute stable.





Photobucket


They had more Pringles flavour than us. Tsk, tsk, not fair at all.



Photobucket


Look at the Palette Town. It looks really artistic. If Ah Tard was here, I guess she might just flood her camera.



Photobucket






Photobucket


It's really a beautiful architecture.





Photobucket


The picture above was taken by a Japanese. A millions thanks to him.

Next shall be our ferris wheel ride. Woohoo. We bought the tickets for 900 yen each. It's said to be a large Ferris Wheel. I personally think it's around the same size as Singapore Flyover.

The only good part about Japanese services was that, they will never squeeze in strangers into the same cabin with you. Probably they won't do so for all rides, they treat their customers with politeness and respect.

They had 2 types of cabin, open air and glass door. I was afraid of glass door one as you can see great height from above. Proud Christopher dare me to do so. It doesn't matter to me until it's going to be our turn for boarding. Christopher who was afraid of height back out at the very last minute and opted for the open air cabin instead.

Tsk, tsk, the timid rat just climb over the railings.





Photobucket


Alright, here we come.




Photobucket



Photobucket





Photobucket


I guess everyone been to the shop at Plaza Singapura right beside the tickets booth, whereby everyone is donating coins to get their toys. I always thought it's big, until I witness this Japan outlet. It's 20 times of Plaza Singapura Outlet.



Photobucket





Photobucket







Photobucket


That's where we end our day at Palette Town. My tummy is growling le. Here we go back at Shinjuku area. We almost got lost once again for getting out at the wrong entrance. Thanks to Christopher for not heeding my advice. He and his nonsense as usual.
We walked around Shinjuku area for a short while before we headed for our dinner. Chris had ramen while I ordered cold noodle. It was really nice with ham and raddish.




Photobucket


This store sells the best gioza I ever had. Yums




Photobucket







Photobucket


My portion actually comes with a fried rice. That's the portion Japanese usually eat which explains my great increase in weight. For your scary information, I ate all of them. Muahahahaha...

No comments: