Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 7 in Korea, Seoul (Part 1)


6th December 2010

Have you heard of Building 63?

Actually the name sounded kind of dumb to me when I came over it during a research on internet. I mean, why would some one name a building called 63. It was the first time ever I thought that Sentosa sounded 10 times better than 63.

I thought that Building 63 was worth visiting afterall. They got Aquarium, IMAX Theatre, Wax Museuam, Art Gallery (Some arts that I can't understand), restaurants and many more. Of course, everything cost money. Seoul Guide 100 ( A booklet that you can get from the Airport) would tell you ways of getting there. Due to STM (Short term memory), I can't really remember which stop to alight for the subway. You got to take a shuttle bus to Building 63. We took another bus instead. We initially thought it's a paid trip when we tapped the card, it was then we realised the balance remained the same. Therefore, I assumed that it's free then.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



As I've said, Ujiro Co-op is a great location. You can easily spot great restaurants that appear on tv. As for me, I love to visit Uncle Soy. Haha, it's not the name of a restaurant. We love the Soy Bean Paste and Soy Bean soup really much. Every morning, we'll report at the restaurant for our breakfast. It's almost like daily routine. The boss was a famous chef and you can easily see newspaper articles with his pictures.

Photobucket
We ordered Ginseng Chicken and Bibimbap for the day.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I love Korean Kimchi. They taste awesomely. Unlike what we had in SG, they are usually soggy with weird taste. Apparently, majority of SG restaurant failed to use the correct and right way of marination. Of course, because Korean serves authentic ones of their own recipes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The Ginseng Chicken was great. It came in a big portion, serving for 2 or 3. The chicken was so tender that you can pull the bones apart from meat easily. No force is required. By the way, the rice came with Ginseng Chicken, not seperately but together. The fluffy white rice was stuffed in the chicken and you can taste it with the hot soup.

Photobucket

Here I am, on the bus to Building 63. Well, the bus condition was a little disappointing. Buidling 63 is not really within city. Therefore it's quite a distance. The bus ride lasted for about 10 minute.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Upon alighting, we couldn't spot Building 63. All the names of building were all in Korean. Haha, only bf managed to find the way to the place. Before entering, we came across a mobile stall by the street. They were selling Red Bean Fish Cake. It's so cheap. We bought 3 pieces for 2 bucks only. It's so hot and crispy, and kept us warm under the cold weather. Yums.

Photobucket
We bought package tickets that included Imax, Aquarium and Wax Museum.

Photobucket

First stop, IMAX Theatre.

It's an educational film on Dinosaur Extinction. We got to put on 3D glasses while watching. Hey hey, their 3D glasses were different from the usual one I wore in SG. The usual one we had looked like normal geek specs with shade. This is so much different. The specs was big heavy itself and it's really thick with green shades.


Photobucket

Photobucket
That's bf with the humongous 3D glasses.

Photobucket

By the way, the film was in Korean. Therefore you might not be able to understand a single word. If you do, I'll be really amazed. Haha. We asked for translation instead. They gave us a translation device that looked like a walkie talkie(above). You got to switch on by yourself and tuned it to your desired language. For us, we tuned in to English of course.

A really interesting Dinosaur Show.

Photobucket
Busy packing my heavy coat.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



You must be dreadful about carrying heavy bags and coat around. No worries, do approach the friendly staffs, I'm sure they would be able to direct you to somewhere for your belongings to be placed at. Well, you got to bear with it a little because the local can't really speak English. They can only understand simple english. Bf approached one of them and enquired about locker.

Bf said, "Locker?"

Staff said, "Hawker?"



So it goes on and on and on.



Locker

Hawker

Locker

Hawker

Locker

LOCKAH

There weren't any lockers. You got to register and check in your belongings at a counter.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



Next stop, Sea World.


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
The foolish us were busy chasing after the big turtle. It was swimming left and right non-stop as if it was really busy. It took us really great effort capturing it's existence in our photo. Finally, we got it. YAY!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Look at Mr. Penguin.

I thought that it was a statue for photo-taking. It stood so upright without moving at all and it's really big. Mmm, let me think of how to describe it's size. The usual ones we see in Singapore Zoological Garden were 5 times smaller. This penguin size was 2 times my rubbish bin. Oh no, wrong description. I'm so sorry. My rubbish bin happened to be right infront of me. It's almost as big as half of my luggage. Nono, bigger I think.



Photobucket

Bf never understood why I love to visit such places. I enjoy watching colourful fishies swimming lively in the water. I love clown fish the most, they just look so cute all the time. Watching them swim happily in the water brightens my mood. I always thought that fishies should not be kept in a tank. They belong to the sea. Freedom is the route to happiness.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Bf buying drinks again.

Photobucket

How do you feel when you see a gigantic crab?

Sense of appreciation for it's size.




What about me?

Great appetitie for meals.




They just made me hungry at all times. I love to eat Alasaka Crab...... Oops. My true colour revealed.


Photobucket

Photobucket
We stood on the glass floor. It's kind of scary as you could see fishies swimming underneath. I hated the glass floor. Each time the sensor detect someone, it would create a loud crashing sound. *Ah Pang scared scared lah*

Photobucket

I got something interesting to share with you.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Are you ready for it?

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

I guess so!

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

TADA!!!
What a disgusting big fish head! Eew. It made me turned off each time I eat Curry Fish Head (A local delicacies).
Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Can you spot the tiny fish?

Photobucket

Photobucket
Off it jumped into the water.

Photobucket

Photobucket
So many fishies above.

Photobucket

Photobucket


They had this section where you can interact with the fishes. These fishes feed on dead cells. Bf happily stucked his fingers into the tiny tank and told me that he was feeding the fishes.


He seemed to be engross with what he was doing, switching from fingers to fingers.

He then told me he got alot of free food for the fishies.

So I said, why don't you stuck your toes in as well.

He then answered...

"I wish to, but the openings were too small."


Photobucket

They had this 15 to 20 minutes animal show. It's short and simple yet interesting. The trainers came up with a play to entertain yound children and the sealions were really cute.

Photobucket
Colourful jellyfish.

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

We went to the Wax Museum next. I shall continue with Part 2 as soon as I can. I'm sort of busy nowadays, so bear with me and stay tuned.

Have a nice day everyone.

Cheers,
Jeanne

No comments: