Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Getaway to JB


12th February 2011

Ah Tard went to Johor Bahru without me. She's gonna be there to lit lantern and sent it to the sky. I'm so dying to go, but her mum picked an inauspicious date, a Thursday. My schedule was madly packed with tutoring sessions from dawn to dark. I'm so eager to strike off all the sessions lining up.

Urghhhh......

Still holding on!!!

I just can't strike them off without considering the consequences.

I was ranting to bf about me being envious about blah blah blah. Bf never like me to be envious of others, so he always fulfil every single request, wants and needs of me. As I said, my bf's the best. Woof!!! Off we go, straight to JB without planning. I always planned my itinenary properly before every single trip except THIS. Therefore, it's just about shopping and eating.

Early in the morning, we went to change some currency. We changed only 100 bucks each, and I swear it's perfectly enough. Bf even had 70 bucks left at the end of the day. Oh, I'm referring to SGD here.

An absolutely SMOOTH TRIP!

No jam.

SMILE *With teeth shining brightly*


Photobucket

Photobucket
I'm sure you gonna find alot of cheap buys. They sell items that are similar to what you see in Far East. If you are slightly fortunate, you might even find stuffs of quality at a reasonable price. I did no bargainings in JB. Everything seems to be fixed price. To me, it's cheap enought that I don't see a need to bargain.

Everything's great.

Photobucket
We had our brunch at this restaurant.

The food came in set. I had Mapo Beancurd while Bf had Marinated pork. It's really cheap, and I doubt the meal cost more than 30 bucks in total. Oh we ordered the chestnut drink, which is not recommendable. They added too much sugar syrup, oooh, sweeeet. Not really up to my liking actually.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
When I was young, I used to visit Beauty World at Bukit Timah. I'm sure you heard of it. It's now a really rundown building with really vintage shops. I would say, it's as good as desserted now. 15 years back, Beauty World was living with glory. It's famous for it's location and high value estate. I would sit with group of children and watched Power Rangers video tape quietly on the floor. It has all kind of toys available.

Now, it's no longer living in glory.

It's really hard to find such vintage toys shop anymore.

I'm glad to see them once again in JB.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Unfortunately, there isn't any A&W at Citysquare.

Therefore we settled for Kenny Rogers instead.

Photobucket
I'm so amazed that they had different flavours for muffins. Unlike in SG, we had only the original ones.

Oh, you gonna try the banana flavour. It's delicious.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We watched The Rite (Horror movie) when we were back in Woodlands. It's really a highly recommendable show. Furthermore it's about true events. I love movies of true events.

Watch it.

Anyway, I got to end here.

Hope you had a nice day too.

Cheers,
Jeanne

No comments: