Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 2 in Korea, Jeju (Part 3)


1st December 2010

Finally, here's part 3 for everyone. We had BBQ pork earlier on, it's just so yummy and filling. My tummy was bulging out and I'm glad that my coat was thick enough to camouflage alittle for me. After dinner, we simply walked around the area. We attempt to walk towards Seowigpo area; well, it's impossible. I think a cab ride there is about 9000 won, it's your choice.

That's their Family Mart, similar to 7-eleven. Whatever you called that. Bringing toothpaste and toothbrushes could be a hassle. I don't usually give it a damn since most of the hotels that I've been to, do provide. In Korea, please don't even think about it. Korea hotels provide no toothbrushes and toothpaste. You got to bring your own. For bf, he's smart though. Grab from the plane ( a few) and get gone with it. Good attempt, isn't it? I mean, we don't have to bring or buy, saves time and money.

Somehow, I prefer their Family Mart; because my favourite strawberry milk could be found there. Orhhh, it's just so lovely. They had fresh fruits and a greater variety of cup noodles, ice-cream and many more.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Fresh bakeries were sold there. Majority of it will be gone in the afternoon before the staffs began to stock up.


- - - - - - - - - -



Sometimes, I do think that we are freaking brilliant. Most of the places covered by tour, we found them without difficulties. I'm glad we did not go on tour. It's so much cheaper if you are making comparison. Furthermore, you can pretend to be a teenager (that's what I did) and paid the price of a teenager only. We decided to go to the Pacific Land.

Well, it's more like a performance. It's not something like a Zoo where you get to see animals running and hopping about. It's strictly performances. You got to pick a time slot and paid for the tickets. It's similar to watching movies. Oh ya, Pacific Land is where you get to see Monkey Tricks, Seal and Dolphin performances.

I wouldn't say it's a fantastic performance. Throughout the performances, it made me believed that the animals were really hungry. Somehow, I felt that they are not well fed and treated with care. From the way, the performers made them do tricks, I just don't feel good and comfortable. No matter what, I think that you should catch the show still. There's no harm getting to more exposure.

While waiting for the show to begin, we roamed around.


- - - - - - - - - -


That's the beach, isn't it beautiful. The seawater is blue in colour. The fresh air simply brush against my cheek and it's a really nice cooling feel.

Photobucket
From where I stood, you can see some aunties who lived by the sea. They will dived into the water to pick up fresh seafood such as abalone, crayfish and etc. You may purchase the seafood directly from them, but I am not sure of the pricing. Well, you got to bargain. Even so, I can guarantee it's fresh; Freshly picked from sea.

Photobucket

Main Entrance

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Get some goodies before the show.

Photobucket

Big fish

Photobucket
At the show.

Photobucket

Photobucket
It's Jeju Island, so please don't expect translation. Haha, I understand nothing throughout the show. Anyway, it's the animal performances that amused me and not the MC, so it's totally alright.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We decided to walked around on foot.

Photobucket
I hadn't seen any ladybird in SG. Bf caught sight of this bug. We ended up taking shots of this bug stupidly. The locals across the street were looking at us, wondering wtf we are trying to do.

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is their supermarket. If you get to see their supermarket, please make sure you stocked up as much food as possible from it (picture above). It's alot cheaper than Family Mart. It has greater variety. If you are lucky enough, you might see boxes of sushi and ready made salads.


Photobucket
Bf found his favourite biscuit.


I thought myself to be rather pitiful. Yes, my itchy mouth accidentally provoke bf. In the end, he hung the bag over me BY FORCE. Aren't I pathetic?

To walk with a bag about MY SIZE.

Photobucket

Fire Station

Photobucket
You got to try out P&B. It represent Paris and Bagguette. Their bread are really nice, even if it's just a sandwich. Well, let me show ya.

Photobucket
Photobucket
I love the sandwich (above) the most. It consists of egg mayo, crispy bacon, ham, cheese and some sweet sauce with lettuce. Isn't it mouthwatering just from the picture?



- - - - - - - - - - 



Oh ya, I got this Banana Milk. It's yummilicious to the max. It taste heavenly. I only drank it for once. I thought that it could be found in other Family Mart, but I was wrong. I tried to find but to no avail. It can't be found in Seoul, not even in P&B outlet. So I pressume you can only see this in Jeju or maybe some other areas (which I do not know). It's really delicious, you got to try. The best milk I ever had. 10 times better than the strawberry milk.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's time for dinner again. Here we go.

In my opinion, do search for restaurants with picture. There might be quite a number of restaurant that has no pictures. Therefore it's going to be very difficult for you to place your order for food. As for us, we always look for pictures where you can point. It's easier. Otherwise it's as good as a chicken talking to a duck; miscommunication.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Chao Nian Gao

It was said to be really nice, but I rate it a so-so. Korean seems to adore it.

Photobucket
The yellow pickles was my favourite. It's a little sweet and sour, crispy and fresh.

Photobucket
Pork chop was nice too. Yums.

After dinner, it's getting late again. Off we go back to our hotel again.

I was doing researches before my trip, so someone said that there were no lights in Jeju. Well, I don't know where the person was staying, to post such a misleading message online. It's not true I guess. For my area, everywhere was brightly litted up. Yea, cheers to Seowigpo.

Photobucket
Some hotel views.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've come to an end of Day 2, I hope you enjoyed reading much. Tks.

Have a nice day.

Cheers,
Jeanne

No comments: