Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 2 in Korea, Jeju (Part 2)


1st December 2010

We woke up as early as 8am in the morning. FYI, Korea is 1 hr ahead of us; which means we woke up 7am in the morning and I had no breakfast at all. So sad. Instead of going for meals, we went to Sound and Chocolate Museum(s) instead. You won't be able to imagine how hungry I was. Yes, we just roamed around, taking pictures and fooling around. In fact, taking pictures requires alot of energy. From running to setting; furthermore, bf brought his camera stand along. He got to unpack and pack his stand oftenly.

-
-
-
-
-

My tummy was grumbling as loud as THUNDER.



- - - - - - - - - -


Why I'm not wearing boots?

Before the day (last night), he kept telling me all sort of "INTERESTING PLACES" that his friends had been to. He would be sharing so-called interesting stories of the comes about of 7 Fairies Bridge and Waterfall. Since then, I sense crisis. It's not within my planned itinerary. I only planned to visit submarine or hot-air balloon etc.

I wore my boots initially. Just then, I remembered the crisis that I sensed (6th sense); I took off my boots and wore my pumps instead. Unfortunately, my prediction came true. It's all so true.



- - - - - - - - - -



I was telling him how hungry I was; and he said "Yea, we are going for lunch now." I felt so relieved. So he lead the way (walking map taking effect). I just walked blindly when I came across a restaurant. I stopped and asked him if we could eat that; I'm really famished. To my surprise, he told me to walk further to see if there's other choices.

I had not woke up from my stupor. I continued to follow him blindly.


Sigh

Sigh

SIGH


The further I walked, it became harder and harder to take a deeper breathe. The distance seems NEVER ENDING. Ok, it was then we chanced upon the entrance to Cheonjeyeon Waterfall. Gasp, I get it totally. It's planned.

What amazed me the most?

He looked as though he was shocked that it's Cheonjeyeon Waterfall. He even walked toward the tickets booth to enquire about it. He looked so surprised as we chance upon the waterfall. Right in my head, vulgarities went on and on (And it goes on and on and on, and it goes on and on and on; Song: Dynamite). Hey hey, I'm not really as outdoor as you thought. Yes, I love sunshine, but not being shone for long. Each time I walked under the sun, whether it's hot or cold, so be it; I just felt as though my skin is damaging or peeling soon ( It's just a matter or time). The moon seems friendlier.

Bought the tickets and went ahead.


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is the Seven Fairies Bridge.

Christopher told me that there was a myth saying there used to be 7 beautiful fairies swimming beneath the bridge, and that's how the bridge comes about. Mmm, I'm not sure if he's fooling me or not. Ok, sound pretty possible too. I'll just take in his words for the time being then. As you scroll, I'll show you a picture of what's beneath the bridge.


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

I was so happy to see the waterfall from god damn far distance, thinking I need not go "hiking". So, from far, I zoomed my camera to take shot of this waterfall (full zooming). I was laughing deep inside; thought that he was absolutely foolish to pay a few bucks to catch glimpse of such waterfall from a super uber far distance.

*GIGGLES*

It tickles me like crazy.


- - - - - - - - - -



Photobucket

In fact, I was wrong. The entrance was somewhere in the middle to the waterfall (We could get near to the waterfall actually). Then I climbed many flights of rocky steps to the waterfall. I thought it's going to be a short journey, I never expect this route to be directing us to the waterfall (Right infront). I was panting like a dog with my heavy thick coat on. My feet was aching like crazy, my eyes were shutting.

All I see was...

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

STAIRS

STAIRS

&

STAIRS


Photobucket

And still...

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


STAIRS!!!


Photobucket

I simply hate stairs. WTH.


Photobucket

Finally, we reached the bottom of the waterfall. YAY!

The air was refreshing, and the climbing was worth it. I'm seriously worned-out and tired. Therefore I suggest you to wear a pair of canvas shoes if this is one of your destination. It seems like I ended my climbing. That's my greatest hope; and it turned out to be fat hope.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Many locals/tourist would make a wish and throw a coin into the water. Chris made one and threw his coin damn far. It was the furthest behind the rocks.

Coins were lying everywhere ( It was just a tiny part in the picture). How I wished that they would hire me to clear the coins in the water. I'll be more than happy and willing to do it. Haha, might just earn a few thousand bucks easily.

Photobucket

It's not the end of "hiking". Bf wasn't satisfied, he made me climb upward this time round. He wanted to walk further inside to see what's beyond/behind the waterfall. It's crazily ridiculous isn't it?

As I walked, he said, "Reaching already!"

After 15 minutes, he said,

-
-
-
-
-

 "Soon, soon, soon"

-
-
-
-
-

After another 15 minutes,

-
-
-
-
-

"A little more only, quick quick"



It's a lie. A LIE!!!

I'm so tired that I took quite a number of breaks ( recess time) halfway through.


Photobucket

Bf must have watched too many travelling tv programmes. TV always mentioned about drinking water along streams or drains which could be so natural and refreshing down your throat. There was a misleading signage that says, "Drinking water"(apparently, it don't refer to the "water" in the picture). He thought of drinking it initially. The water was dirty, with greenie moss growing all over the place, dried leaves and hidden bacteria.


He was trying to hold some water in his hand and he dared not drink it.


I'm glad he did not.

The signage that says, "DRINKING WATER" is not referring to the one in the stream or drain; but the water cooler and tap at the top. LOL, it's the greatest joke ever. He heaved a sigh of relieved when he learnt about it; else he would be spending "a whale of time" on the toilet bowl.

What an embarassment =X

Photobucket


Photobucket

We reached eventually, a scenic view indeed.


Photobucket

He suggested to walk on the stones. Well, imma girl. Not very girlish girl, but not too manly either. I'm not born from a stone, I'm not monkey either. He can't expect me to leap around. There's a great possibility that I might just fall into the pool ( with my clumsiness) and either frozen or drowned to death.

He's not just a walking map, but walking monkey as well. Less than a minute, he was at the centre.


Photobucket

Photobucket
Finally, I'm finally done with hiking.

Look at my pathetic face (above). I climbed many flights of stairs before getting back to "earth". Spotted a chair, dirty or not, so be it. I just sat onto the bench real hard with a thud ( Tired can?).

CAN DIE HOR.

Photobucket
(Above) That is the Seven Fairies Bridge.




- - - - - - - - - -




Yum yum! It's time for lunch finally ( Probably 2pm already). My tummy stopped growling. It growled so much earlier on till it's tired of growling already. Acids might have been digested too. Just kidding.


Photobucket
Yay, we had BBQ black pork and Soy bean soup.


Black pork is famous in Korea. Mmm, we seldom eat it in SG. Too me, it's more or less the same, but slightly tender.


HEY HEY! MUST EAT!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yea, I love the wrap. You got to wrap you meat with special homemade sauce, olive oil with salt, onion, garlic and some rice. Instead of giving small bites, shuff everything into your mouth ( That's how you should eat). It's HEAVENLY. I can't stop thinking about the yummy taste. Drools.


Photobucket

Eat more Kimchi, you might not like it; but I do. Mmm, it taste so-so to me when I first ate it. But after sometime, it's quite tasty. It's good for digestion (Oh, I guess you won't wish to hear the details). It works very well for me.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's finally the end of Part 2, I'll start to blog about Part 3 when I'm free. I'm sort of busy recently, so it might takes a little longer than usual. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Jeanne

No comments: