Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Ahead of you


2nd April 2010

Finally, another short and simple getaway from Singapore. I wouldn't say I hate Singapore. I love Singapore for its clean and green environment. You can't expect me to love the usual entertainment after staying here for 20 over years. My life's getting dull and I simply had nothing better to do. Blogging is not just an online diary but a form of entertainment for me.

I'm outta Singapore, off to Malaysia. Like the usual, Johor Bahru (JB) again. Sooner or later, I gonna sound like their local or maybe so. Vanessa (my student) strongly recommended Jusco. Christopher had planned to bring me there for shopping. What a bad timing!

A church mouse actually shopped.

Oh yeah, I shopped.




But...




Window shopping ONLY.




Sigh...

You might wish to know how we got there. Upon exiting Malaysia custom building, along the bridge to Citysquare, you gonna pass by an escalator which brings you to a bus stop. Take Bus 667 (SGD 2.40 per pax) and the bus journey gonna last you for 45 minutes or less. Alight when you see the building with Jusco. It should be easily spotted.

Alternatively, you may wish to get a cab which I had no idea how much it gonna cost you.

Don't expect comfy seatings, no way I swear.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's a little difficult to explain in words. Mmm, upon alighting, you will see a path that direct you to the road. Cross the road and you will see the carpark of Jusco. Head for the lift lobby and here you go.

Photobucket
I love SHOPS but I got no MONEY!

Bad timing!!!

Photobucket
We had our lunch at Food & Tea Restaurant. Well, it's recommended online so here we are. I need not explain more. We ordered Fried Rice, Mushroom soup and Crabmeat bun.

Yummeh!

Photobucket
Ok la, don't mind the yellow lighting. It's the light that made me so yellow. I loathe looking yellowish. It's just so alien-like. Tsk tsk.


Photobucket

I love chestnut water.



Photobucket
You got to try their fried rice. Mmm, it's unlike the usual Yang Zhou fried rice or Seafood fried rice that we had in SG. It tasted differently. They added raisins, pineapple, luncheon meat, salted fish and some homemade sauce. Thumbs up.

I love this tasting.


Photobucket

Photobucket
The mushroom soup was so yummeh that the entire bread top cover was eaten by me. Yeah, just me. It's really big. The soup was really yummeh. It's definitely taste 3 times better than the one we had in Swensen.

Walk round and round...

Photobucket

Photobucket
Done with window-shopping. To return to Citysquare, it's easy. Just return to the bus stop, where you come from and take the same bus from the opposite. It's not necessary to be 667. If I'm not wrong, all the buses go to Citysquare. You might have difficulty seeing the bus number. Just stop the bus and double check before you board will do.

I slept soundly like a PIG on my way back.

I leaned my head backward and opened my mouth WIDE.

What a sight!!!

Photobucket
We had some munchies before heading back home.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Laksa and Rojak are my lifetime favourite.

Drools.

Photobucket

Some tips for readers here. Watch your bag closely and always look around you. Someone actually attempt to opened my bag when I was on the escalator. It's quite dangerous in my opinion.

Hope you had a fun trip in JB too.

Have a nice day ahead of you.

Cheers,
Pzy

No comments: