Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 1 in Korea, Jeju

29th November 2010

It's the finally the day to head for Korea. Friends are telling not to go because of the dangerous situation. Well, I dump few thousand bucks from my own pocket; plus imma stubborn girl; none of the words came into my mind. All I could thought of was; FUCK IT, just drop a bomb if they wanna. You see, if I had chose to turn back; (1) I'll cried to death for wasting thousands bucks (2) Drop a bomb and that's the end of my world.

I'm just quoting some "pessimistic" options/choice, you can say. My mum was warning me about different kinds of death that could happen during war. She was telling how worst it could be if I lost a leg or an arm. Yeah, I know it's a sad scenario. Honestly speaking, I would just hit myself against the wall (commit suicide) if that happens. My mum was totally pissed off with what I said. I had no idea why I said that, but such scenario just kept running through my mind (preparing for the worst i guess).

My dad bought S95. Still, I chose S90 over S95. Nah, no why. I just prefer bulky looking camera, it just looks much more compact. I love S90, so does bf. The weather was bad, raining heavily in the evening. I'm so worried that the flight might be delayed. Fortunately, everything went on smoothly.

-
-
-
-
-

Cabbed to Chris's hs, and his dad drove us to the airport. Our luggages were really heavy; plus Chris brought a backpack along with him (Winter coat within). Check-in and shopped around (You can pressume that it's loitering around).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Since it's going to be 6 hrs flight, I decided to go with a naked face. I don't even bother to put concealer on. Because I knew that it's not going to last long. Furthermore, I'm just gonna find my own position to lay around in the plane and make myself comfortable. Some people asked if I look very different without makeup. Mmm, I'm not sure about that. Ok la, maybe a little or alot (which I hope not)?

I usually put on concealer and eyeliner when I'm out with friends. Honestly, I like to put on eyeliner. It makes my eyes look slightly volumize (so that I won't look shag and tired). I look fine without it actually, but I might just look a little shag and sleepy head. Haha, you might see my fish lines, eyebags or dark circles appearing.

*Pretend you don't see any*


Photobucket

Photobucket
It's time for boarding and I've been waiting for so-o-o-o-o long. Imma so looking forward to it.

Photobucket
What kept me entertained throughout the 6 hrs?

Movies and Songs

The movies are kind of boring. They updated the recent movies, but none interest me.

Photobucket

Photobucket
The rain that never stops.

Photobucket

30th November 2010


Yeah, we reached Incheon Airport finally. We took a skytrain and collected our luggages.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
In Korea, you might not be able to receive reception. It might be due to some subscribers that could be invalid there. You may approach (picture as below) the counter, and rent a phone.

Photobucket
I'm in need of some medication (painkillers), bought drinks from store. Wow, they are so similar to Japan. Amazing great range of drinks varieties.

We took Bus 6001, it's approx 45 minutes ride which cost 7000 won per pax (Haiz, the driver drove as slow as a toroise). I just can't stop imagining myself slapping and shuffing my boots up the driver's nose. Ok, sounds a little rough though. I take back my words. BUT he drove matha-fuckingly slow for goodness sake and it's a FACT!

Anyway, there will be a lady/driver selling tickets. If there's no one around to sell you the tickets, no worries; just board the bus, and drop the notes into the box (same as SG).

Photobucket

Photobucket
Don't worry that it might be some really rundown buses. IT'S NOT. It's 10 times better than our local bus. At least it's comfortable, spacious and the seatings are adjustable. You can just lean back and relax all you want. Let me show ya.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Comfortable?

Yes

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


Photobucket
Poor bf got to handle my luggage. It's just so heavy that I had difficulty lifting it up. LOL, it's my problem; I know. That is why he likes to say this to me:

"Stop making your problem into my problem"

This made me shut my gap and talked politely all the way (Clenching my fist deep inside, haha. 我忍!)

- - - - - - - - - -

Gimpo Airport Area was so much cooler than Incheon. Shivers.

Photobucket
There will be one entire row domestic airline(s) for you to choose from. Those flights that are 30 minutes to departure tend to cost cheaper. Well, at that moment Jin Air was the cheapest, about 60 bucks. We can board the flight immediately and ready to take off in just 20 minutes time. Off we go.

- - - - - - - - - -

Oh ya, if you are hungry, grab a donut. They allowed outside food on the plane ( referring to Jin Air). The flight will last for 50 minutes. Some uncles even grab a cup of hot coffee before boarding.

Photobucket
There are times I really hate Jetstar. A short duration flight of 1 or 3 hour(s) with no food and drinks served. Ok, it's right that we should pay; but can't they just serve some plain water at least. Their chips and drinks are like gold bars (expensively mad). I'm saying this probably because I'm poor. I am actually.

Jin Air is just a 50 min flight. It's exactly the same as Jetstar which cost only 60 bucks (that include TAXES already). They served drinks on the plane for FREE. Do you see the differences?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Reached Jeju Airport finally. It's really small since it's just an island. The airport might not be that spectacular as you thought. The belt for lugguages was relatively small. Aiya, who cares (haha)? I just grab my luggages and get gone with it.

Photobucket

Photobucket
As usual, bf's toilet news. Do you want me to explain further?

Haha.

I sat alone at the seats, watching groups of boys/guys walking around. It suddenly made me realised that males population might be higher than females population in Korea. I just hardly catch any glimpse of girls. There are, but not as many as the boys.

Why am I so observant?

Ahem, what do you think?
Ok lah, I'm just playing with time, praying hard to catch glimpse of cuties like Kim Hyun Joong.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Apparently, there wasn't any.

Photobucket
Most important thing when you travel; grab as many brochures as you can. Picked out interesting tourist attraction that you might wished to go. Even if it's not part of your interest; just grab. You make browse thru during your bus journey and make up your mind when you are in the hotel. Save alot of time indeed.


Photobucket

I remembered that I board the Bus 600 @ Gate 2. Same, just drop the money (3900 won) and get seated. You may leave your luggage in the bus compartment ( boots) if necessary. Don't worry about missing luggage. The driver will put a sticker (with numbers) onto your lugggage (You will get one of it too). Before you alight, just show it to him and he will get the luggage for you.


Photobucket

Photobucket
Cheap and comfortable seats, isn't it?

The bus system will announce the next stop (hotel names etc) so that you know exactly when to alight.

Photobucket
Sorry for the bad pictures. But Jeju is just an island, furthermore the window glass is tinted; that explains the blueish.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Yay, reached my hotel finally. Isn't it beautiful. Cheap? Ok la, 100 over bucks per night. To me, it's expensive (Oh no, I felt so poor). The entrance was great and I love the location. Most are the attractions are withing walking distance. The bus stop is right beside where I stood.

See pictures for more.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I'm trying to take picture of the showers/bathroom when the "extra" came in and spoiled my pictures. Haha, look a little awkward. Anyway, just post this since it looks a little funny as though I might smack him anytime for spoiling the image.

-
-
-
-
-

I love magical bowl (toilet bowl)

Photobucket
The amenities for this hotel was great and awesome. They even provide cotton pad for makeup removers, lotion, comb etc.

Photobucket
They had a safe for you to put your valuables.

Photobucket
That's the weaving boy (male version). No la, I'm just kidding. My pocket was sewn. I sent it for dry clean and clearly forgotten to unsew it before I took off to Korea. He was trying to undo the sewing for me. Poor thing, no wonder he felt like a nanny.

Photobucket
*Ding Ding Dang, Ding Ding Dang*

It's Christmas Season. It's going to snow snow snow.

Photobucket
Jeju was just so peaceful. Love the fresh air.

Photobucket
Went to a famous restaurant. A maybe famous one, as I see many famous movie stars pictures outside the restaurant (referring to above pic). Jeju Island tends to appear very often in drama, who know this might be just one of the restaurant that appeared in drama. Anyway, the food taste YUMMY!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I just got off the plane. Definitely, I'm still a sleepy head; I need long hours of sle-e-e-e-ep. The weather was cold and my skin couldn't adapt to the cold air. That explains patches of red marks on my face ( if you can see). My skin was uncomfortable, it itched from time to time. No worries, it just got better magically after I had my meal (no idea why also)
-
-
-
-
-
HUNGRY!!!

A hungry man is an angry man.


Photobucket

Here comes the food.

We ordered:

(1) Beef Stew

(2) Seafood soup pot

Seafood pot was the most worth ordering food. It cost about SGD12 (can't rmb the exact amt). The soup consist of mussels, sotongs, mushrooms, crayfish, crab claws/spincer, prawn and ABALONE (which I doubt you can find any of such food in SG with this price). The abalone was fresh and sweet. Bf told me that there were some women who dived into the sea to pick abalone, which explains the freshness of seafood.

Jeju is the right place for seafood. FRESH!

(3) Bibimbap

Comes in stone pot. The stone pot was so hot that the rice simply crisp.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Next stop, Teddy Bear Museum.

Mmm, I was shock upon selecting pictures. Haha, my double twist sign above my head. Gosh, I'm not young and I just can't imagine I'm doing that. Anyway the smile was rather bright, so I just post. LOL.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Chris, with his ice-cream. He couldn't find any dustbin. He ended up holding a stupid dumb stick from the beginning till the end of Bear Museum. WTH, unbelievable. I was blaming him for being dirty blablabla; and he told me to find him a dustbin. Pek cek.

It was some strawberry yoghurt ice-cream. Nice! Try when you are there.

Photobucket
Here I am.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Chris find me a retard for paying 10 bucks just to see bear(s).

He must be thinking:

Can the bear talk to you?
Can the bear wave to you?
Can the bear play with you?

"NO, then why the hell do you want to see a bear"

Oh no, I felt so humilated. Sobbed. My bf not really that friendly with bears, I guessed.

-
-
-
-
-

You see, he just can't be bothered with me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
*MUACKS*

Photobucket
LV Bear. Expensive bear.

Photobucket
Giant Bear and Me.

Photobucket
The sky turn dark rather early. We decided to have an early night. You see, we had been on plane(s). It's not short flight distance but considered rather long. We were so tired and worn-out. We stocked up cup noodles. There were so many choices for us to choose from (all spicy).

We had cup noodles for supper and Zzz'''. We did thought of having supper out late. But everything (mostly) closes after 5 or 6pm. If you are looking for late night supper, you got to walked for 30 minutes or take a cab ride. We were just lazy. Cup noodles were good enough, anyway, I'm not that hungry either.

Photobucket
They had packet kimchi. Haha, it was nice and can be stored in fridge. Yums. You can eat it with you mee when you are hungry, instead of having just noodles.

Good night everyone. Stay tuned for more pictures. FLOOD! Wahaha.

Cheers,
Jeanne

2 comments:

Unknown said...

your pictures are very beautiful

Unknown said...

Sato Travel
you both look very smart
http://satotravel.info/