Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Finest day for a picnic


30th December 2010

I am going for a picnic with Tard at Marina Barrage. Yes, massive pictures flood once again. We took more than 250 pictures which is so amazing for just the 2 of us. I just pick a few nice shots, else my page will lag. I'm dead tired. I woke up early in the morning, hair standing high up waving to everyone as I prepare the food. I felt so ghostly at that particular moment.

I bought sparkles and forgotten all about lighter. I nearly gone mad for a lighter. I was suppose to meet Tard at Marina stn. I took a bus to Dolby instead. I went up and down for the sake of a lighter. I paced fast towards 7-11 and realised the gate was close. I went to Carrefour and there's no lighter available. I gave up eventually hoping that I could get a lighter a Marina instead. Suddenly, the staff lifted up the gate at 7-11. Please tell me how I should not be pissed. Absolutely pissed off.

Rush to Marina and waited for Bus 400. The bus was taking it's own sweet time before arriving at the bus stop. Urghhh....

Photobucket
Massive crowd at Marina Barrage. I had no idea what Marina Barrage was famous about. Based on my impression, it's something to do with seawage. Amazingly, it's a famous attraction in Singapore. We found a great spot that was SUPER WINDY. Our paper bags were blown away. Our hair couldn't stay in shape. Good for Tard since she's wearing a cap or a hat.

Clever Tard bought a tiny little mat. Hahaha, it's so funny each time the size of the mat came to my mind. It's so tiny that the 2 of us could hardly fit in. Our butt always got out of the mat. In the end, I suggest tearing our paper bag apart to be an extension of the mat. Finally, it's much more spacious.

Photobucket
The wind was so strong that we got to close our lunchbox oftenly, else the utensils might fly off anytime. You need not be surprise to see grass in your lunchbox.

Our food was awesome. It's scrumptious. We had Bento with love ( all sort of cute designs), sandwiches and cakes. It's just so mouthwatering. We finish 98% of all the food at the end of the day.

Photobucket
Before we settled for that location, everything was fine and peaceful until people started playing frisbee right beside us. It's totally WTF man. Everyone was having a picnic and they played frisbee. Worst of all, they lost control of the frisbee. The frisbee landed on the ground and rolled across right infront of our eyes. *Roll eyes* We tried to act casual and normal.

Suddenly, the frisbee flew across our head/back ( I don't wish to know either). Thanks to the strong wind that changed the direction of the frisbee else we would die a terrible death. I guess I'm not facing them directly, therefore I don't get to see the seriousness. Tard got angry and scolded the guy who threw the frisbee. Worst, the fucker still dare told us that he would throw the frisbee 'softly". That fucker tried to act like some gandang ( apparently, he wasn't) spoke english all the way. He tried to put in some slang, that disgust me even further.

It should be "Throw the frisbee gently" instead. "Softly"??? Laugh my ass out.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Less than 10 minutes, another guy provoke Tard. I was about to rant at him, but Tard was one step faster than me. She yelled at the person upon warning him for a second time. That moronic guy nearly kicked her back. That explained Tard's fury.

Photobucket

The cloud looked so dark and heavy. We thought it's going to rain. Haha, we packed and went to the toilet. Next, we bought a new poncho. We were using it as a mat. It cost us $2. What an expensive poncho. We found a new spot, less windy, less crowd. It's perfect for peaceful meeting.

No one was around when we settled there. After sometime, small crowd entered our territory (lol, sounds like some dogs). Anyway, we continued to gamble. Basically, we behaved like some addictive gamblers, beating one another up. It's crazy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Apparently, we gambled to kill time. Hahaha, 10 cents shall be the maximum bet. We were gambl

Photobucket
We were playing cards with SIA logo. It was then I caught a glimpse of a "SIA" design kite in the sky. After mocking it for a few seconds, the kite landed right beside me. Tard claimed my mouth to be jinxed. I should refrained myself from talking nonsense in future to prevent tragedies. The kite owner even told us to take care of his kite. Mmm, who would take his kite in the first place? Hahaha.

Photobucket


Photobucket
The night had fall. The scenery was great.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Yes, yes, we played SPARKLES.

Photobucket

Photobucket
The wind was so strong. I had not used a lighter in my whole life. Mmm, I did actually, but only those without the metal wheel. I'm really afraid of heat. Tard was the traditional one, she uses only matchsticks. She attempt to use the lighter. In the end, she BBQ her thumb. Anyway, she lit up the sparkles in the end.

Photobucket
We were playing halfway when the bloody security stopped us. He called us to stop playing "wor".

Being nice and friendly, we stopped for a moment.  Anyway, his attitude was terrible too. We just heck care about him. Who the fuck he think he was with that big beard and big tummy. Yes, he's a security. Govt paid him to rub his big fat tummy to watch show. He just stood at the booth and listened to song. Wow, he was really "RESPONSIBLE" enough to stop us.

After a few minutes, I be the watchmen while Tard became the executor busy lighting up the sparkles. Haha, since when we became so gutsy. LOL.

Photobucket

Photobucket
We went to the fountain area (whatever you called that). Tard and I need no image. We removed our shoes and walked into the pool of water. We used tissue to dry our feet at a corner. It's so unglam. Haha, but it's just so fun.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Home sweet home.

Good nights!

I'm so enthu to go picnic AGAIN!

Cheers,
Jeanne

No comments: