Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

In a wink

Time flies. It's just a wink to Chinese New Year. Chinese New Year is meant for celebrating a brand new beginning of a year. As time goes by, people mindset and perspectives changed. Chinese New Year is no longer the same as before. In the past, people will set firecrackers, making noises to welcome such an eventful day.

Ever since banning(s) began, things turn quiet year by year. Even though it's just one day to Chinese New Year, I barely feel the atmosphere despite ambience and decoration in Orchard Road. Haha. It's just my random thoughts.

Reunion Dinner
It's 除夕 (Chinese New Year Eve) today. As usual, my family is going to have a feast for reunion dinner. Not forgetting to mention, it's steamboat. That's where my goodies(usual stuffs) and favourite abalone comes about. I love abalone, especially Australian Abalone. I always feel that Aussie ones taste better. Thought of it makes me drool.

Paint my nails
Initially I wanted to get my nails done @ Far East. But look at my packed schedule and my completely filled up agenda; I can't find time for myself. Worst come to all, I did my nails myself. Well, I'm not as professional as manicurist. As a learner, I think it shouldn't be that bad either.

I thought to myself what colours should I paint. It was then, Meiji Strawberry Chocolate came to my mind. That's where I got the inspiration of White, Pink and Brown. Haha, looks good from far. I'll make sure no one get near to my nails, seeing all visible flaws. Haha.

Photobucket

Alright, I shall make this a short post.

May all of you have an enjoyable reunion dinner. It might be fattening, so be it; it's just once in a year.

Enjoy <3

Cheers,
Jeanne

No comments: