Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

All about travels

Based on questionaires from tagboard and emails, I'll answer questions in my post. Otherwise I'll be sending duplicated emails about same thing. This is weird, I hardly receive emails because of blog. Well, I should say this had never happened before until I've public my blog. Friends should know that it's been private previous due to; you know. It's a little stressful to me somehow. Read according to topic below.

Japan
I've spend about 10 days in Japan, flew by SIA and stay in Sunroute hotel (4-5*).

Flight & Hotel
I shall start of with my experience on SIA as it's my first time (I'm sua ku actually, haha). My recommendation was "Never to take cabin on the 2nd floor". It's not very comfortable on top. The normal one shall be good enough. My flight cost around 700 - 800 bucks. There was a promotion at that period. I recommend ANA too. It's only about 500 - 600 bucks when I last checked. I read reviews online, people are strongly recommending it.

I paid nearly 250 bucks per night for my hotel. Well, it depends on how you share it with your partner. All Japan hotels are relatively small, it's culture. You can get a bigger one if you don't mind paying more. I'll be out on street shopping and eating most of the time, so I thought hotel doesn't matter much.

Sunroute hotel was in a great location. 3 min walk to Subway and 5 min walk to JR station. It's located in Shinjuku area. Well, the location is perfect for me. All the restaurant operates till late or even 24/7. Just a 5 min walk, you can reach MacD or Yoshinoya. Their Yoshinoya is AWESOME, you've got to try it. Singapore's one mean NOTHING at all.

Transportation wise is definitely not cheap even if you are taking trains/subway. 2 to 3 station can cost up to SGD3 or more. I definitely not recommend you to cab around, you might faint upon the fare despite a 5 minute short distance. Oooh, their service was great. Taxi drivers wore gloves and provide great services.

I love Narita's Airport. They have this hourly hotel rooms for you to do washing up and have your shower before your flight; which cost around 1500 yen. It's a 7 hours flight to SG, therefore a shower will make you refresh.

You may click on my Japan Post for references. I've listed places of interest on my summary page. You may refer and do some little research. My advise is to study the map and plan your route before setting off. Planning a good route will cut some of your transportation fee. I love Japan.

Japan Post 25th Aug to 3rd Sep 2009

Bangkok
I've been to Bangkok twice. First time with my bf and second time with my girls. It's around end of 2008 the last time I went. I stayed in Baiyoke Boutique Hotel twice. Their service and room is great and perfect. Most importantly, it's cheap and affordable. Probably about 100 bucks per night.

A 10 minutes walk to Platinum, 3 min walk to pratunam and 1 min walk to Indra Regent. It's all food downstairs in the night. Hotel service was great with friendly staff at concierge. Cab fare is always cheap, and I always limite myself to 70 baht per trip unless long distance to places like Dreamworld or Elephant village. Try avoiding Tuk-tuk though it feels exciting at times. They might drive you around, round, round and round. We experienced that and almost got cheated off 500 baht. Fortunately, we got the concerige staff to save us. Laughs.

I recommend Thai Massage @ Indra regent B1. Beside MacD, there's a stairway to B1. You will see a Thai Massage outlet that looks dim. It was good and much more professional. It cost probably 200 baht for 1hr of massage. It's cheap.

I don't like Tiger Airways, even though I never once tried it. Jetstar shall be good enough since it's just a 2 hours flight. Your flight fare should not be more than 400 bucks, otherwise it's consider expensive. Cabfare from airport to hotel shall never exceed 300 baht.

Refer to my Bangkok post below for more references. Well, my look at that time is a little ahem. Bear with it. Haha.

Bangkok 17th July to 23rd Aug 2008

I hope these information helps. You may tag or email me again if I did not solve your doubts.

Cheerios,
Jeanne

No comments: