Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Back bent

8th September 2013
Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride you unless your back is bent.
 
It was the most fantastic day when we met 2 hiccups at the start of the day. We intended to have Xiao Long Bao for brunch. Unfortunately, it was closed for renovation. Well, in fact a part of the entire street will be under renovation till the end of Sep/Oct. Sad, I miss the Xiao Long Bao very much. That was the slightest hiccup when Teng's sandals broke. The sole came out. I tried to be realistic and logical (I am, all the time). Therefore I suggest Teng to tie her foot and the base of the shoe with a rubber band. Sigh, she stared at me instead.
 
She needs a pair of shoes urgently. So, we went shopping at CK departmental store (the only hopeful place). She walked around the store barefooted (unglamorous to the max, lol). The sale assistant was amused looking at her bare feet as she browse around for shoes.
 
It was then an auntie suggested Teng to tie her foot and the shoe with a rubberband. @.@ Surprisingly, the auntie gotten no stares but a sweet smile from her. Teng obediently tied around with a rubberband. Biased max. Roarrrrr.
 
Isn't it the same suggestion? (Rofl)
 
 photo IMG_4447.jpg
#Waraku
 
There was nothing much to eat at Chinatown. Song Fa Bah Kut The was having a super long queue. I caught a glimpse of the queue when I passed by in the bus. Hence, we decided to give it a miss and make our way to The Central. We had Waraku for lunch.
 
 photo IMG_4450.jpg
#Soup Carbonara Pasta
 
We ordered the same thing because we had the same taste buds. Great minds think alike except the part she disagree with my rubberband idea but agreed with the auntie's rubberband idea. No justice. Sigh. Worse, she commented that I jinxed her. I wondered who's the one who jinxed my Xiao Long Bao restaurant down instead. Rant rant rant. Hahaha.
 
 photo IMG_0030.jpg
#Creamier
 
We had a long chat at Waraku for some digestion before heading to Toa Payoh for waffles at Creamier. I read many good reviews about it before deciding on it. We took MRT to Braddell and transfer to bus, alight after 2 stops. It was not difficult but the place is definitely out of the place. It's located under HDB area.
 
We reached in the late afternoon and the crowd was still ongoing endlessly. There's one thing we could not deny, the aroma of waffles. The aroma filled our noses pleasantly and I knew the waffle is going to be real good.
 
 photo IMG_0024.jpg
#Surrounding
 
 photo IMG_0031.jpg
#Lightings
 
 photo IMG_0032-1.jpg
#Queue number
 
 photo IMG_0036.jpg
#At the Creamier
 
 photo IMG_0039-1.jpg
#Plain chocolate
 photo IMG_0043.jpg
#Waffles <3 http:="">
 
 
 photo IMG_0045.jpg
#Teng and I
 
We made our way to Bugis to meet(collect) Qian. Qian is forever lost in town. I always thought myself to be a road idiot till I found her. It's never lonely to be a road idiot anymore. Teng and I were driving an overloaded truck (tummy) and could no longer eat. We watched Qian eat that night. Shop a little, eat a minimal and talk for a short while before heading home. 
 
Have a great day.
 
Cheers,
Pzy 

No comments: