Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Malacca

23rd - 24th March 2013
All I really want to do is spend my life travelling the world, reading books that take my breath away, drinking all kinds of tea.
 
It's a random weekend at Malacca. 'Random' sounds wrong. We took an evening bus and were caught in a jam for hours. It was within our expectation as it was public holiday the next day. Fortunately, we took the second link that was alot more faster in custom clearance. We reached the place rather late and did a late check-in. We stayed at MIO Boutique Hotel. I overlooked about taking photos. My photo narcissism decrease gradually as time goes by. I summarized it in short, I'm old.
 
MIO Boutique Hotel (Click to navigate to website)
 
The hotel was really beautiful. It was exactly the same as the pictures in the website. He wanted to book Jonker Boutique Hotel initially, but it was fully booked. MIO might be a little out of the place. It's a 15 minutes walk to Jonker Street. It was considerable near for me. It's gonna be really convenient if you are driving thou.
 
We had an early night (Not really early actually, I'm just saying it).

#On Duck Tour Ride
 
We took a duck tour ride around Melaka. There'a nothing much to see except sea, houses and boats. Oh well, at least, it's not in Singapore, probably something new. We took Melaka Revolving Tower. You can skip that if you are really afraid of heights. It went really high up compared to Singapore Flyer or even the Sentosa Sky Tower. It was a great experience.


#A&W
 
We had A&W for lunch. It was a free meal for me because I won a bet. It's gonna be great if there's an A&W outlet in Singapore. Unfortunately, used to be, but no longer available. Awww, sad. We went to the Aquarium. Mmmm, I'm kind of lazy to consolidate photos. Well, I doubt you like to see pictures of fishes. I shall skip the details.


#Piranha
 

#Fish (No idea what fish is that)


#Dessert time
 
We had the black balls. Most of you have tried that I supposed. Not really fantastic in my opinion.


#Water wheel
 
We took a trishaw around Malacca for RM35. It was really great except the fact of carbon monoxide blowing in my face that made me sleepy. Alright, maybe I was sleepy. The trishaw uncle was really nice. He kept taking photos for us. Phototaking made me shag further. Laugh out loud.


#The big ship


#Cow's ride


#The train
 
I was dead tired, I swear. I nearly fell asleep on my way back. Bought the pops (the small little thing wrap in tissue, it pops when it hit the ground). It was mad fun because I kept throwing it at his feet and I pretended that it was unintentionally. Well, it was INTENTIONALLY. Rofl. Had a quick shower and took an hour nap. More than an hour, I supposed. We headed to Jonker's street.
 
It was an interesting place. You'll find beautiful handicraft, finger food, bubble tea or even accessories. I love their ice-cream(s). They had this egg-like ice-cream in plum flavour. I love plums to core. Oh, it reminds me of my favourite plum shot in Zouk. Yummies. I love their fried breaded ice-cream. They have teas that comes in different flavours. AWESOME.

#Jonker Street at night
 
It was getting late and we packed supper back to hotel. Great food everywhere, cheap and tasty. It's so hard to give it a miss. I had difficulty resisting the temptation. Slept like a log after a tiring day.


#Nyonya Museum
 
Remember the drama series "The Little Nyonya" we watched on television. They have a Nyonya Museum in Malacca. You should take a look. It's a real house of a peranakan. The owner of the house converted it into a musuem for visiting. We had tradition nyonya dishes and famous chicken rice for lunch.


#Drawing
 
I came across a bubble tea shop with grafittis on the wall. Just get a drink and you will get the access to chalks for drawing. I'm good with drawing, yeah. I can see my masterpiece from far.


#My Masterpiece
 
Home sweet home. It was an awesome trip to Malacca. I seriously didn't expect Malacca to be so fun.
 
Have a nice day ahead.
 
Cheers,
Pzy

No comments: