Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Coverage

It's my last night in SG before I set off to South Korea. I'm supposed to be really excited. Yet, all I did was to get myself covered in news. I've been reading and reading non-stop. I read Straits Times, The Newspaper and it never got enough for me. I continue to stalk my big black magic box yann used to call that. I watched TW and US news. It's totally annoying.

TW was telling everyone not to go South Korea as a war might break out anytime while I heard none of such issues in SG. Alright, SG is a safe and nice place (well, i agreed but not all the time). I don't understand why SG seems to be covering up news.

Well, it's my opinion. They might not had done it, but they made me felt that way. Let's take the recent slashing incidents. The news said that it's just some manslaughter, murder or whatso ever. In the end, it  turned out to be something else. Something like what?

Something that can be way too scarier.

Ever since then, cases/incidents continue. Polices making claims that they would put a stop to everything. Yeah, they deserved more time. But it's getting out of hand, and I thought that they are ridiculous for covering the real and true story behind.

If you are a newspaper person, you could have know that 2 or 3 teenagers got slashed @ Scape park near Cineleisure (in case you don't know). Well, I guess it's clear enough that my issues were on the media and not the people who were related to the incidents. Back to the case, it's not a small issue. One broken finger with another 6 inches long knife wound. Is that serious?

The passage in newspaper turned out to be very small. I guess, you could have missed it if you are just browsing news.

Hell ya, I understand the purposes of covering news. They aimed not to frightened the public. Ya, but this is called lying. Lying through your teeth. No one had been warned about the oncoming danger. Just like the North and South issues. It's not properly reported. Our so-called first hand news was nothing but a third or fourth hand news.

It's up to you guys to judge about it. But I'm really furious.

It's my last night here and everything seems fine. I'm really frightened deep inside. I force myself not to think. I just hope that there won't be a war. It's not for my own sake, but for everyone. A war will not only drag the civillians but the economic and results in many other complications.

Mmm, I've done packing my luggage. Apparently, it's not big enough and I'm really upset about it. I had used ziplock bags with air vacummed out of it. It's still big. Well, I'm so used to travel light. I can named you what I brought with me in my previous trip.

Tiny comb
Concealer(MUST)
Small mirror
Camera
A small pouch with cash
Passport
Hp
i-touch
Tissues

And that's all. But this time round, I had more to carry with me.

Gloves
Scarf
Jacket
Heat warmer
Eyeliner
Mascara
Blusher
Lipbalm
Moisturizer

Oh god damn, my bag is so heavy. My flight gonna last for 6 hours. I had no intention to put on my makeup when I board the plane. I mean, it's going to be very uncomfortable. Furthermore, I gonna sleep and do all sort of stunts that made me comfortable.

In fact, I was way up agains this naked face idea. But so far, I had not frightened any of my students, so I think it should be alright. I'll take pictures too, by then you judge how scary I look. I'm fine with it. I expected something worst than ever.

I gonna buy lots of face mask, nail polish, longchamp bag for Yann. Well, these are her orders. As for food, it's on me. Hahaha, i promised to treat her snacks since that's all i can afford. *Faint* She can't live without food.

Alright, gtg. Good night everyone.

Jeanne

No comments: