Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

A squeezy crowd

9th February 2014
Painting is the representation of visible forms. The essence of realism is its negation of the ideal. 

Apparently, this is a very outdated post. But well, compared to the 'Trip to Taiwan', I believed that this is considered very much to recent. I wanted to blog much but you see, I need a good mood to write well otherwise it's gonna all be just pictures only. A second issue, I gotta resize the images before pasting them onto the post. Holy, it's a waste of time and I tend to give up doing it halfway through. I need motivation to complete it but Korea dramas are tempting me not to do it. Yep, I'm engrossed with chasing dramas lately. Apart from work, I watch dramas before I go to bed. 'No life' to many of ya, maybe. But it's so damn 'Good life' to me. I just gotta relax abit more before I sleep.

That's not the entire part of my life, I'm so engrossed in one of Lee Hom song on piano that I played it repeatedly during the weekends. I can practise the same old song for hours. Surprisingly, my mum slept on the couch without being disturbed.

 photo IMG_0040.jpg
#Steamboat feast

It's Chinese New Year. Unlike the usual years of having dinner at restaurant, we had steamboat at my place. Poor mum and dad woke up early in the morning to buy and prepare ingredients for me. I did not invite all of my friends because my space area is limited. Well, neighbours and friends are my best choices. 

Oh ya, I don't really like soup steamboat. I personally prefer BBQ ones because unhealthy food tends to taste better always. It's just gonna be a few times of unhealthiness, so heck care yea. Even gyoza tasted 20 times better than the soup one. In the end, most of us were busy barbecuing rather than boiling. I should have remove the pot for a bigger space to bbq.

 photo IMG_0041.jpg
#My lovely friends in the same neighbourhood

 photo IMG_0045.jpg
#Gambling

Everyone talks about avoiding gambling. In less than 30 minute, everyone was busy gambling away and Min Wee was the banker of the day because she won the most. No one had the intention to let her off before the pile of money is with her.

Talking about the FeBreeze. It was a fabric freshener. We were supposed to head elsewhere after the steamboat gathering. Unfortunately, people like Wan Lin and Min wee (put their names big big here) refused to go home for a shower. So they suggested FeBreeze and asked me if I have it at home.

It was rather a good news to them. Yeah, I have it at home. They sprayed it on their clothes again and again till the smell of food was gone before reapplying perfume.

 photo IMG_0048.jpg
#Lou hei

Wan Lin made the effort to buy yusheng from her workplace the day before our gathering. Yup, the portion was really big that we could not finish everything. I'm not a fan of sashimi. I never really like raw food, so the good fish goes to them. I only like the crunch among all. Yep, it's all mine. Rofl.

 photo IMG_0057.jpg
#Kinect

Qian went home to shower and took a really long time before she was done. Poor Ken, he reached town on dot and waited nearly 2 hours for our holy arrival. Best part is, Qian did not feel sorry at all. Kinect was super cheap that day because there are 8 or 9 of us sharing the cost. We paid less than 4 bucks per person. It's so cheap.

 photo IMG_0062.jpg
#Satay by the Bay

Then, we met up with Kaelyn and Brandon at Satay by the Bay. There were 16 of us that night. I was worried sick about finding seats at the Hawker Centre. Thank god, Kaelyn managed to find a big table. It fitted us perfectly. Well, actually it's kind of squeezy. Javen actually suggested breaking up the group to different tables. Well, it's not a reunion dinner anymore if I agree to that, isn't it?

 photo IMG_0074.jpg
#Teo Heng Room 1

 photo IMG_0076.jpg
#Teo Heng Room 2

Wan Lin and Min Wee tried to book the biggest room. Unfortunately, Teo Heng only have 2 mid size room left. We had no choice but to make do with it. It was really funny when I asked everyone about ways to group. Initially, I suggested the ladies and guys in one room each. Then I realised, it gonna look like toilet, ladies and gents. Everyone laughed. 

 photo IMG_0081.jpg
#O.O


 photo IMG_0084.jpg
#Like bunnies

 photo IMG_0088.jpg
#Horrible faces

It's supposed to be scary faces but they made it into cute faces with teeth smiles. Poor me, looking horrifying down there by myself. I had to say, the room was mad squeezy that night. Even so, it was a great night with the best CNY atmosphere. The rest headed home except for the night owls of the day. We went to have our last round of Kinect again before heading home.

Cheers,
Pzy

No comments: