Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Midnight fare

Congrats to all my students. SA1 officially ended and all of them got back their results. Some were overjoyed while the others cried awfully. You reap what you sow. You get the final result with the amount of effort you had put it your studies.

I was coaching a class of Pri 2 students. One of them was on around average standard. One day, he came back from school giving me a shock.

He came into the centre, looking dull. I guessed that he had done badly for his exams (which explain his expression). So I asked, "How's your result?"

Boy: Don't talk about it.
Me: Why? Share with me.
Boy: You will be shock for sure.
Me: Huuuuh!!!!!!!! You fail is it?
Boy: You won't believe your eyes one.

My heart sank......

Me: OK, Just tell. I'm mentally prepared.
Boy: I think I scored 72.

His previous score was around  50 to 60 (maybe fail).
My heart stop for seconds. No no, skipped a beat actually.

2 of his friends whacked him on the head.

Friends: You score 78 lah!!! Stupid.
Boy: I score 78 meh?
Friend: Ah bo then.
Boy: See! I also cannot believe my own eyes.

The funniest part was, he stayed calm all the way during the conversation. Wth...

I nearly died because of heart attack. Anyway, I'm glad most of my students did well for their exams. Mostly maintain around 80 to 90. Ooh, some were attempting olympiad maths. Poor me, got to teach olympiad maths as well. God bless.

Anyway, Miss T promised a free swensen treats to students if they score extremely well. It's an indirect treat for me as well. Being paid based on hour, bringing kids out for ice-cream and getting a treat at the same time. Woohoo, gonna order fondue.

Setting off to Batam with Ah Tard this Friday. We bought tickets. Amazingly, travelling researches used to be my best shot; it has now become hers too. She was the one who research online ad purchase tickets. Kudos to her.

It's been quite sometime since we had a getaway especially during examination period. I hardly get a chance to go on a date. It's almost tuition from day to night. One of the parent even requested me to teach till midnight. Well, she asked about my charges. First thing that came to my mind was midnight dare (taxi). Haha, so I told her double charge. She agreed. Alright, I earn a great deal from this student. Just a month, I got around 1K just from this student. I love midnight teaching.

Hey hey, I don't teach just for the sake of money ok. I'm sacrificing my sleep and spending the effort grooming their child. I'm not those teacher who laze around and cheat hourly pay.

Anyway, wish me all the best for this coming batam trip. Nights.

Good luck everyone.

Cheers,
Jeanne

No comments: