Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

By the stars

16th  August 2014
Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness.

This is a (super) belated post on bf's birthday because I could not find time to update the details. Anyway, I was a little upset on the day itself (in fact, I was really angered). Let me tell you a little more before I go on with the plan of the day. 

I told Sean to asked my bf out and ("smart arse" to the max) he spilled the beans and told my bf that I told him to do so. Not only that, he told my bf the present I would be getting for him. I spend so much money and effort to plan such a sweet surprise and he totally crashed everything like a big boom for me. Honestly, I don't wish to lie. I was hurling vulgarities inside my head and hoping that he stepped on dog shit every moment he step outta his house. That was how bad it is. 

Not only Sean did not mention to me about spilling the beans, he continues to act normal. I was afraid that bf might be late and got Sean to check on his status. Sean conveniently lied to me that he checked (when he did not because my bf is not gonna be late as he knew my plan). Tell me, how not to curse him. Till now, the thought of him spoiling my plan still pains me and I can't wait to tear him apart and swing his fats in the air to feed the bats. Yea, I'm cruel. But he is more cruel because he simply can't keep tiny little secrets or even important plans to himself. *Fumes* I see smoke now.

Not gonna trust his big mouth anymore from now onward. Once a spoiler, always a spoiler. Bf said he wasn't a spoiler, just dumb and blur at times. Gosh, so hard for me to disagree and he ought to stack his pillow high up and enjoy the sneezes while I curse.

 photo DSC04375.jpg
#Fraser by Capri

I have to say, the room is beautiful. The bed sheet is really fresh and clean and I love the entire interior decor that brings the day to life.

 photo DSC04381.jpg
#Kitchen

There's a cooking area where you can whip up a good dish for your love ones or friends. Utensils and cutlery are provided. It is really an awesome place to stay in. You have a coffee maker in the room too.

 photo DSC04386.jpg
#Plates and utensils

 photo DSC04391.jpg
#Shin Chan

Bf enjoyed watching Shin Chan, so I go him the cupcakes. These cupcakes were customized by a freelance baker (not sure if that's the right term). So I look for posters and pictures online and sent them to her. She then quote me a price for it. It was really nice of her to do delivery services too. You may email me or tag me in the tagboard if you are looking for something like that.

 photo DSC04394.jpg
#Manhattan Fish Market

Before bf's arrival, I made preparations in advance. I requested for an early check in so that I can prepare the food and the cupcakes. Then I went all the way to Changi Point to stock up some necessities. I bought some snacks and drinks while waiting for my seafood combo to be ready. I'm fat but tiny at the same time (sounds contradicting and I know), I can't handle weight. Carrying a big box of food with can drinks and snacks are killing me. I was walking up and down at the hotel lobby, in and out of the room. The staff was really amazed. Two Caucasian men even offered to help me to carry my stuffs. That was really sweet and nice of them.

 photo DSC04396.jpg
#Prepared everything well <3 http:="">

Then I went down again to collect my balloons. I intended to decorate them in the room. I chose purple and white because the combination was really sweet.

 photo DSC04405.jpg
#Balloons

 photo DSC04416.jpg
#With bf

Bf called when he reached and I went down to fetch him with a "Happy Birthday" balloon.

 photo DSC04418.jpg
#With lots of candles

I actually spent a little on the candles thinking that it was fun to prank with with candles that cannot be blew off. I experimented it before he arrived and it WORKS!!! I swear!!! I really don't understand what went wrong after that. I was looking forward to his surprised look when the candle remain lit. It turned out to be my disappointment instead. Every single flame on the candle went off smoothly. Sigh. 

 photo DSC04424.jpg
#With the cupcakes

 photo DSC04427.jpg
#At the pool

The hotel was having some renovation (at that point of time) so we did not have a good view. We later had some communications problem with the staffs. There were very little ppl at the pool and we found a float. Then a staff (an auntie) told us that we can use the hotel float (Life buoy) instead. We hesitated for a while because we all knew that the life buoy was for life saving purpose. Well, the lady continued to encourage us to take and play. So... erm.. erm... we really did...

After a while, a man came along (yea, a male one this time). So before he could find out more on the incident, he reprimanded us in a bellowing voice. He wasn't explaining to us nicely or telling us to put the life buoy back. He was lecturing us saying that we doesn't think of the consequences like a really rude man. Well, I seriously didn't mind about returning the float. But two staff saying two different thing, it really confused us. Worse, he did not bother to seek for an explanation before speaking to us in a horrible tone. He did ruin my mood a little.

So my conclusion is, the frontdesk staffs were extremely friendly, caring and nice. But the internal ones can be really poor mannered and crude. I don't wish to say this either. As a manager or even a normal staff, isn't it the very basic courtesy to be polite to the guest. Surprisingly, they scold their guest. Awesome, let's give a round of clap clap for them. Yeah...

Anyway, I did write in to make a complaint against this particular staff. According to the hotel, it was mentioned that action had been taken and they had already warned him against his behavior. Sincerely, I'm thankful for that but honestly, no one can be sure about how true it could be on the handling part.


 photo DSC04429.jpg
#Simple dinner for the day

After our dip, we went for spa. It was part of my plan too. Unfortunately, the appointments were fully booked on the day itself. I was told to make bookings on the day itself and upon check-in, I was told to make bookings a few days in advance. Interesting miscommunication again and again. The frontdesk staff was really nice and friendly, he managed to get me a slot for two.



 photo DSC04431.jpg
#Cycling

 photo DSC04430.jpg
#Stretching

 photo DSC04432.jpg
#Football

 photo DSC04433.jpg
#On the screen

There's alot to do at this hotel. Even though there's still a lot of improvements to be made on the staff's good manner issue, the hotel facilities are really good. They have kinect and Xbox too. Alternatively, you can rent a DVD and watch in your room for free. Bicycles rental are available too.

 photo DSC04434.jpg
#Watching a movie

 photo DSC04435.jpg
#Rise and Shine

The breakfast was not really fantastic but okie okie la, still acceptable if you are not being too picky about it. Hahaha. We were granted a late check-out, so we went back to sleep till late.

 photo DSC04444.jpg
#Waiting for dinner

 photo DSC04445.jpg
#Wah

 photo DSC04446.jpg
#Big heads

I had been googling online for really nice restaurant. I was desperately looking for fine dining but the choices were limited. So I came across a blog that recommends Fukuichi Japanese Dining. Bf loves Japanese food and I decided to try it out.

 photo DSC04454.jpg
#Beef sushi and soft shell crab

 photo DSC04464.jpg
#Sashimi and Mentaiko

 photo DSC04477.jpg
#Wide spread of food

The food was awesome. I'm not too sure if all the dishes are good. We were really lucky that everything we ordered were yummy and bf had a scrumptious meal of the day. It was not cheap, or not expensive. It depends on personal budget. It was still alright for me. I paid less than 200 bucks for the entire meal. It seems to be a really good deal to me.

 photo DSC04489.jpg
#Polaroids

Happy Birthday to baby. May all your wishes come true, graduate fast, soar in your career and drive your dream car someday. I hope you like your gift and enjoyed the stay (despite your friend being an arse, so-so-so arse). Stay happy and cheerful always and continue to shower me with lots of goodies without making me fat. Love you always.

With love,
Pzy

No comments: