Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Ships and shelter

What are friends?

It is when...

Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

It is when...

A friend is one who knows and loves you just the same, understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you just the way you are.

It is when...

A true friend gives you total freedom to be yourself and never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.

It is when...

They care like a mom, scolds like a dad, teases like a sister, irritates like a brother and loves more than a lover.

It is when...

They know how stupid you are and still choose to be seen with you in public.

It is when...

They overlook your broken fence and admire the flowers in your garden.

It is when...

They never get tired of listening to your pointless dramas.


Many people claimed that they have friends. That's because no one wish to appear lonely before the others. Everyone has friends. It can be hundred or even up to a thousand. People are (I'm not saying all, I'm referring to a minority) after a big social circle.

Then again, think about it, is it possible to manage a hundred of friends when we only have 365 day in a year?

Yes, you can have many friends. Maybe it's cool to have many friends, knowing people everywhere and having envious eyes looking at your direction, wanting to be you. 

Then again, think about it, who are the ones who really stay when you needed them?

As for me, I just want a simple life. My young and fun life is over given my current age (yes, I'm ageing and learning). I don't need a hundred friends because I know not all will stay behind for me. Yes, maybe they "promised" to stay. Well, be practical, we are living in a realistic world. Certain promises are meant to be made when you have the value but meant broken when you are of no use.

People ask you out to be your friends so that they can have more friends, to have benefits everywhere they go, or even in search of life partners (treating you like a marriage agency, hoping that you can get them great guys/girls and start blaming you when things fail to work). You might not agree, but such people do exist. 

Let's be honest here. 

It's all about fucking BENEFITS to pretentious friends.

You are a king or a queen when you can offer benefits. You are a loser when you are of no use. Trust me, they will stay away from you after they got their means.

It's one of the ugliest truth but you got to face it no matter how cruel it is.

As for me, I need friends too. The fact is, I have friends. It can be a ten, a twenty or a thirty. Well, it's just a number. No matter what happens, I know who are the ones that gonna stay with me when I'm covered with brown mud. Nothing matters more than this, because this is love. 

There are ships that worth my time maintaining and sailing it. I get up on my feet after failures and smile when it's over because I have ships sheltering me all these while. I love these ships and they are called FRIENDSHIP.

No comments: