Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

Magical waves

24th December 2014
Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.

Another post about festive season. Well, this is sort of outdated. Gosh, I questioned myself at time about why am I forever updating about outdated event. Somehow, I told myself that I was busy. Then again, I realised I spent a lot of time sleeping. Then again, I told myself that I was tired. I have endless reasons to defend myself. The truth is, I'm speaking the truth here. I am seriously busy especially during festive season. I used to plan parties and now, I cut down on plans because I could not manage. You can call me inefficient or any terms, I don't care. In fact, planning big parties are not within my capability. Somehow, it is or maybe not. We used to have a group of 3. The group grows and become 7 or 8. Last year, the digit probably ends at 12 and now it can easily escalate up to 18 or 20. The thought of New Year Eve freaked me out totally when I realised there's a total of 30. 

I received texts from people calling me to make it a big event and created a big blast for that night. They were suggesting about 20 to 30 people or worse, one of them suggested 50. They just claimed that, "Come on, it's not so hard right?" or they probably do tell you that, "I can bring my friends along." Guess what, none of their friends turned up that night or even to the extent of their friends vanishing from earth like a snap without a trace. They probably skipped the effort to inform about not coming. That's how bad it is. Sad to say, but the ugly truth.

No one put themselves in my shoes and feel my plight (maybe my shoes stink). It gives my haywire to plan the numbers of guest and cost. Therefore, I hardly rely on friends of friends other than those really trustworthy ones. I had to invite one by one directly and provide updates from time to time. Punctuality is the part I hate the most because 90% of my friends have the tendency to be late. I seriously scratched my head to ensure they are punctual on and on. Ok, you probably won't wish to know my plan. I find it boring too. Well, what I'm saying here is only 10% of the planning process for really big group. It's no longer an easy task when the number grows beyond 20.

This year, I decided to plan NYE only. As for Christmas, I sat on the couch comfortably and await invites. Bf's buddy was having a birthday celebration at Novotel with a big group of people followed by countdown party at Beer Market. I was expecting horrible crowd at Beer Market. Well, it was alright still. Vivian joined ask after the countdown at a later timing. Yep, it was fun.

Well, with comparison to NYE or even last year parties, I still think last year's ones work the best. Great drinks, great friends, great companion and great fun. I missed that though. 

 photo IMG_0005.jpg
#Merry X'mas


No comments: