Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Substantial makes perfect

I actually did bloghop quite alot for the day until I read something about Stomp. Anyway, that's not the point. I'm trying so say, someone inspired me to take a look at Stomp to keep myself slightly updated. I hope I'm not confusing you. Basically, I just went to Stomp.com.sg. LOL.

Upon scrolling, I read about one of the issues regarding an air stewardess criticising Singaporean's english. Oh my gosh, her critiques were definitely horrible. Alright, maybe my so called "england" aren't that good too. Still, I don't think an air stewardess under Cathay Pacific airline has the right to criticise our english.

Read here

Well, I've taken that airline to Hongkong probably months ago. There was one air stewardess who can't even read numbers correctly. Mmm alright, I might just give you one example.

My bf and I ordered 2 drinks. Well, the air stewardess repeated our orders 2 times and each time she say "three" despite us repeating "two... two...." continuosly. Most of the air stewardess can't speak proper english on the plane as well. I would say their profficiency in cantonese seems higher. There were times I'm so worried that they screwed up our orders, I just talked to them directly in cantonese.

Anyway, these are just some of my thoughts. Please don't take it to heart or seriously. Thanks.

Have a nice day.

Cheers,
Jeanne

No comments: