Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fortune or fortune

I was sitting by a quiet corner in my room, trying to grasp some fresh air before crowd began pouring into my room. It was then I overheard voices from my television that captivated my full attention. It was then an urge or a strong feeling of opposing came across my mind. Thoughts began streaming into my mind and I began to analyse things out. The television programme (about debate) motivated me mentally and physically.

I just dont understand why scumbags exist in the world. There are people who get chances to be educated refused to be educated. There are millions or billions of people who yearn to be educated  fail to grab such chances. Kids living in the city are bound to be love and protected. What's the probability of them getting chances to have a real taste in life?

Living in Singapore made me realised how sinful I am or maybe we are. You might not read my thoughts but I do have a different perspective from my view. Maybe I'm weird. I tend to whine about how unhappy my life is, or even how unsatisfied I am. The fact is that, yeah, it's true. But, I strongly believe I'm born fortunate.

I wasn't born with a silver spoon, neither do I wish to. I accepted my fate and I'm glad I had the chance to such exposure. In fact, I'm proud about what I had went thru. It's not a black mark but a gold medal of my life. My parents weren't rich during my childhood. I worked hard to pay for my dreams. From piano to "O" level to diploma and allowances. Nothing comes by easily unless you really put in effort. I met storms and rain from time to time and breaking down from period to period. I went through a hard time, that makes me optimistic about life. I'm really happy for who I am. I had no intention to be someone else.

In other country, there are children who had to give up studying. A family of four used to live in peace and harmony. It was a fortunate and happy family when the mother passed away eventually due to cancer. The father had no good education and worked as a construction site worker. Still, he tried his best to give his 2 children, son and daughter the best living condition that he could give. Eventually he was diagnosed with kidney failure. He had to make a choice, either his son or daughter had to give up in his/her studies. He was in a dilema when his son volunteered to give up his chance to study. He gave this precious opportunity to his sister. At the age of 15, he had no education background. He had to work so as to lighten his father's workload and stress. He worked in a construction site eventually. Even so, he tried his best to save up for night classes.

We, the fortunate ones tend to overlook about the fortune we had. The fortune ain't referring to wealth but the precious things that we had held in our hands but we failed to grab them tight. That's why I'm very disappointed when I see children who refuse to study when they had the chances, blaming their parents for not giving them a good brain and talent.

Everyone owns fortune, but it only matters if we know the fortune we had.

Never take things for granted, you work heard to reach your goals.

Soar high, and you will fly high.


Cheers,
Pzyy

No comments: